• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Anyone local want to school me on pin repair?

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
So I have now had my R&B for a bit and have noticed some simple nuisances that I'd like to rectify. Unfortunately, I am a complete newb at any type of pinball repair. Short of opening the doors, lifting the playfield and looking at all the pretty wires, switches and coils, I couldnt really tell you much at all.

I have a couple spots on the playfield where the ball tends to get stuck and want some home remedies to fix them

I also have a fire button in need of replacement (part ordered).

And finally, I have a flipper that is starting to lose connectivity intermittently.

If anyone local wants to spend some time and play teacher, I will be more than happy to learn and provide food/drink as compensation. :mrgreen:

If not, maybe just some pointers on here.

Was gonna put this in the tech support, but wasnt sure if it was more of a local meet thread or not.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Luckydogg420 said:
1st. Do you have the games manual? You'll be lost without it. The important bit is figuring out the "switch matrix" then you can begin diagnosing problems. Yes, downloaded, printed and put it in to a binder for safe keeping,

2nd. Is you game level? A stuck ball could just be your table on a weird angle. I leveled it, the stuck ball on the top of the playfield is rare, and it gets stuck on the ramp side where its broken, it is also rare, but was hoping for a home remedy without having to replace the ramp

3rd. Sometimes a minor adjustment of the switches metal contacts will fix a problem. Don't zap yourself. im hoping that its a leaf spring or something easy, but I have zero knowledge of these things beyond identifiying parts

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
I too would be interested in an afternoon of basics in the GTA area (or at my house near Peterborough) and would be willing to pay to learn some of the basics. I will eventually figure things out on my own but it is always faster and simpler if someone shows me. Specifically interested in understanding the following:

1. basic diagnosis techniques...is there power to coil, lamp, how to tell if it is something on the board, how to work the multi-meter correctly
2. how to rebuild flippers
3. how to make adjustments to switches and know when adjustment is needed
4. how to read/understand the manual and schematics