• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Anyone here collecting old console games?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I've been toying with the idea of selling some my old console games, but haven't really been active in the space for quite a while. The list of things I'm looking to move is here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...yTPU2zjnSCQU9Wv6kCSblYg/edit?usp=sharing)-all of my NES, SNES, N64, GB and GBA stuff. I've had everything on there for years, and estimated some values base on pricecharting.com sales for similar items. I'm starting the process of testing/photographing everything again, but you can see the notes on the spreadsheet around what's complete and what's loose. Question is-are those prices in line with reality? Pricecharting is all completed ebay sales, so that should be the market price, correct? Not sure if I want to go through the hassle of selling things piecemeal on ebay, but going through a dealer/retailer would obviously net less money. Anyone actively buying/selling that can offer suggestions of where to look? Are there any recommended facebook groups for selling retro stuff in Canada?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Well, ended up selling everything in one shot.

20221007_174731.jpg

Replied to one of those ads on kijiji from someone looking to buy, and managed to get pretty good value out of everything. Saved a bunch of time, and traded for a pile of cash. I have a bunch of other devices that can play all those games, so time for someone else to enjoy collecting the carts.