• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

any sources for pitch and bat games? and other miscellaneous

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
Does anyone have a source to try and find production numbers for baseball games? I've. Owned a few Mr pinballs and they are great for productions of pinballs but neither have figures for baseball. Although certain games have an estimated value I tend to think that is due to playability and features as opposed to rarity. I think that I did read somewhere that my CC batting champ had only 600 or so made but I can't verify that. I noticed that a game that I recently purchased... a 195X keeney league leader that I'm the only registered owner on pinballowners for that game although I have had some email contact with another LL owner in california.
Obviously I'm interested in knowing production for games I own.
1962 deluxe world series
1958 keeney. League Leader
1974 CC batting Champ
1957 Williams Deluxe Short Stop.

This kinda leads me to my next question or the opinions of those interested (if any) how extensive is pinballowners for trying to determine games in existence. I would think the majority of collectors would be registered? However most people that have a one off or incidental machine may not be. I would be willing to surmise. Machines are getting more centralized in collections.I've owned a couple of games where I've been the sole owner in

Canada... and im not implying it is a holy grail.. I can remember a bally with a Mr pinball value of 400.

Anyways any opinions would be appreciated and any sources of pitch and bats productions wanted as well

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I think ipsnd.net also tracks serial numbers and locations of P&Bs. Worth checking there.

As for games being "registered", I find people just have little interest in outing themselves as owners...no matter how rare a game is. Very few religiously use the IPSND, and even less use the Pinball Owners database. Heck, I don't even have a Pinball Owners profile. Perhaps collectors don't want to broadcast what they own...and their location. Privacy issues?

Another thing to consider is that a lot of the Pitch and Bat guys are...well, old dudes. They've been into the hobby for years, BEFORE the online community existed...they already have the experience, knowledge, contacts and parts they need. I find a segment of the EM crowd is the same way. Perhaps you just have to crack into the "inner circle"...Drano can chime in with his experiences of doing so when restoring the P&B he brought to Allentown.

Lots of benefits having all this info available, but a lot of collectors, both P&B and pinball, unfortunately like to play it close to the chest... All the best in your search!

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
thanks for your input ! Rereading my post i will make sure i never use my blackberry again to post something.. its assuming punctuation is a lot to be desired. Hmmm i guess that makes me an old dude times 4 then? lol. I had in my own opinion placed pinballowners more of a registry of sorts rather than an "outing". I also like it as its sort of an online tracker for machines and although memory shouldnt fail me now as to games owned in the past, it does serve well in the future as timelines and transactions increase. i can understand the privacy issues and also understand many might not have pinball a priority for their internet usage. i will take a look at ipsnd as i think ive been there once before and didnt think it a priority to register actual serial numbers of machines.. i will think about that too if it should be something i would want to do. the intent is to establish a comprehensive database of machines but the data is only as useful for what is entered.

The reason my curiosity was piqued was the fact knowing one particular pitch and bat, ive seen 3 in the last two days. Now im debating on whether i should face the fact im old and just go underground...lol (no sarcasm intended.)