• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Any Dags on here and in the GTA? Event coming!

MichaelQPinball

Jun 9, 2020
GTA
Asking for a friend :cool: thinking fundraiser and small events and tourneys but I've never been to or taken part in a tourney :( so need someone with experience to organize and run them. All prizes, wages etc are covered as this is a corporate event ;) let the takeover begin!!! The Conqueror has arrived!!! :D

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
So you're looking to run a pinball tournament as part of a corporate event? Are you looking for a location to go to, or did you want something set up somewhere else? How many people/games are you talking about? Is this for pinball people/tournament players, or will this be a bunch of people who have never touched a pin before (or haven't in many years)?

Reactions: MichaelQPinball

MichaelQPinball

Jun 9, 2020
GTA
So you're looking to run a pinball tournament as part of a corporate event? Are you looking for a location to go to, or did you want something set up somewhere else? How many people/games are you talking about? Is this for pinball people/tournament players, or will this be a bunch of people who have never touched a pin before (or haven't in many years)?
Hi Chris, This would be corporate at various locations to be determined and most likely the average person would have no pinball skills. You've got me thinking and it should be asked if they have any experience. Thanks, Michael

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
OK, in that case you're going to at minimum need someone to supply games. You'd also want to look for something simple you can run-maybe just a high score/leaderboard that people can take a stab at? That way it can all be asynchronous too. If you use the new IC enabled Sterns, you might be able to use the location leaderboards to have this track automatically, or you could use something with a Scorbitron to track scores, and either way you could have a leaderboard that people could view. See if you can figure out how much money you have to play with, and how many locations you'll want to have going. P1 might be able to hook you up with games for rent depending on how long it'll be for.

Reactions: MichaelQPinball

MichaelQPinball

Jun 9, 2020
GTA
OK, in that case you're going to at minimum need someone to supply games. You'd also want to look for something simple you can run-maybe just a high score/leaderboard that people can take a stab at? That way it can all be asynchronous too. If you use the new IC enabled Sterns, you might be able to use the location leaderboards to have this track automatically, or you could use something with a Scorbitron to track scores, and either way you could have a leaderboard that people could view. See if you can figure out how much money you have to play with, and how many locations you'll want to have going. P1 might be able to hook you up with games for rent depending on how long it'll be for.
I have a couple games to use but only the 007 Pro has IC, the renting definitely sounds like something I need to look into asap. See this is why I reached out to the community... I have no idea about these systems, thank you, Chris! Now these event are going to be based around my brand, special events and fundraising events so the money will be there but pro ballers may not want these. Jerry is fantastic and I'll ask him, thank you again! If you're interested or anyone else in running small one day or multi day tourneys in and around the GTA please message me... (next event may be Whitby early May) Thanks Chris and everyone else! God bless, Michael

MichaelQPinball

Jun 9, 2020
GTA
What is a Dag indeed! If you liked Trailer Park Boys you're gonna hate this guy... most hated man in Canada! MUST WATCH until THE END

MichaelQPinball

Jun 9, 2020
GTA
Let's keep political BS out of the forums...
Nothing political there Halfwasted, A high ranking member asked me what the "Dags" were and I posted the example, we're all adults here so if you don't want to read things then don't. And just an observation here... every time you comment on my posts it's always negative... everything okay?

And to Luch... you were there when I purchased my first pin.... I'll leave it there!

• Haha
Reactions: Halfwasted