• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Allentown 2014

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Starting this thread as a catchall for the 2014 Allentown Pinfest. This can be a place for rollcall, transportation, lodging, info, requests, logistics and so forth...for the 401W crowd.

The horribly out of date website with last year's info...
http://www.pinfestival.com/

However it HAS been confirmed for Friday May 2 and Saturday May 3 this year at the Allentown Fairgrounds.

Lets get planning.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
YUUUUP!!!!
Can't wait. Time to start putting away a few banjamins and working on my negotiating skills :D

Attachments

• 1709_1334654753.jpg
    1709_1334654753.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 596

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Can't wait for Allentown. Really looking forward to it.

I will bring a big truck or a trailer if necessary to haul all of
Drano's and Williams Fan's pins back home. (maybe mine too)

It's all in the journey.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
WARLOCK said:

Reserve a space for me. This year I'm going to buy one of the seventy-two Bugs Bunny Birthday Balls that will be for sale in the free play area...

A question...since the show is Friday and Saturday, is it more practical to leave Friday morning, or do most go Thursday afternoon? Need to know when the majority will be heading out as I am booking time off from work. Would like to join the convoy.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
spiroagnew said:
WARLOCK said:

Reserve a space for me. This year I'm going to buy one of the seventy-two Bugs Bunny Birthday Balls that will be for sale in the free play area...

A question...since the show is Friday and Saturday, is it more practical to leave Friday morning, or do most go Thursday afternoon? Need to know when the majority will be heading out as I am booking time off from work. Would like to join the convoy.
Done.
There will be a spot for a pin for you Rob. (or go crazy and buy a project pin too)

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
WARLOCK said:
Can't wait for Allentown. Really looking forward to it.

It's all in the journey.

God bless you sir...I will bring lots o cash :D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Bumping this one up...I've got a room booked at the Comfort Suites under the Pinfest rate, so if anyone wants to split a room, let me know. You can also catch a ride down if need be.

I've also posted this in the "Upcoming Events" section under the Allentown roll call/wish list started by Drano.

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
So, can one of you more experienced folks explain why Allentown would be a better show to attend than any of the others?? I've never been to one, but thinking I'd like to go either to Allentown or the Michigan show.

Reg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Bigbossfan said:
So, can one of you more experienced folks explain why Allentown would be a better show to attend than any of the others?? I've never been to one, but thinking I'd like to go either to Allentown or the Michigan show.

Reg

Only been to two shows. Allentown and Expo.

Allentown was more of a fair atmosphere. Tons of games to play (over 250 I think?), an outdoor flea market etc...
Expo has seminars and all the hooplah and draw of being in Chicago and having all the great names in pinball literally walk past you in the halls. It's more of a big production.

A-town does not have the seminars or tournament like Expo. It seems more 'grass roots' and really for playing and buying/selling. I like both, but A-town seems more like a fun roadtrip to hang out with some friends and maybe pick something up.
Expo was like making a pilgrimage to pinball mecca and lacked that down-to-earth feel of the other show.

That being said, I've heard a trip to the PAPA facilities is unrivaled!
I'd love to attend Pinball at the Zoo or MGC one day as well.

The show that just wrapped up in Texas looked awesome as well. Similar to Expo from what I could tell.

Hope this helps.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
DRANO said:
Bigbossfan said:

Reg

Only been to two shows. Allentown and Expo.

Allentown was more of a fair atmosphere. Tons of games to play (over 250 I think?), an outdoor flea market etc...
Expo has seminars and all the hooplah and draw of being in Chicago and having all the great names in pinball literally walk past you in the halls. It's more of a big production.

A-town does not have the seminars or tournament like Expo. It seems more 'grass roots' and really for playing and buying/selling. I like both, but A-town seems more like a fun roadtrip to hang out with some friends and maybe pick something up.
Expo was like making a pilgrimage to pinball mecca and lacked that down-to-earth feel of the other show.

That being said, I've heard a trip to the PAPA facilities is unrivaled!
I'd love to attend Pinball at the Zoo or MGC one day as well.

The show that just wrapped up in Texas looked awesome as well. Similar to Expo from what I could tell.

Hope this helps.
Which "Expo" are you referring to - Michigan or Chicago?

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Bigbossfan said:

Reg
Why not both?

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
I think I might try to get there this year...Only problem I have is my youngest is having her 1st communion on Sunday so I'll have to head back Saturday.

Question is the big party Saturday night, Friday night or both? :D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I would love for the Allentown show to have speakers or notable attendees (pin designers or artists, etc.), but I have a feeling that would take away from the "grassroots" feel of the show. Its charm is in the unpretentious "olde tyme" county fair feel it captures...complete with farmers market and parking lot swap meet.

I'm catching a bit of an excited buzz from all the Allentown chatter here. I feel like its going to be a real good time. May drink a couple few beers while I'm there.........