• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

ADS

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Our Google AdSence account was closed, their reasoning is that people were bots, or clicking on ads because they were paid, it is unfortunate because the google ads were not that intrusive.

However, in order to raise a bit of money to pay for hosting, software updates , maintenance, I am trying a new ad company.

So far we will start with a single adbanner, then integrate other ads in the footer, side bars whatever once we find an ad company that does not have crap ads.

We will be avoiding popups, new windows randomly opening etc. If you see ads that are really offensive let me now and I will try to adjust the settings, or switch to a new vendor.

Message me if you have any questions.

king_pin

Dec 15, 2019
ottawa
Ads are offensive and in Russian. Not relevant and could be malicious. I'd gladly help pay for hosting costs instead of having these giant ads all over the site. My 2 cents

Reactions: Joker19

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
For some reason, my Norton360 anti-virus on my home old desktop computer now pops-up a warning every time I click on a pinrev post:

1674174465428.png

1674174494139.png

Is this the new 'ads' site ? Are they legit and safe ?

Thanks!
-Sylvain

cdn-pinballer

Jan 9, 2020
Ottawa, ON
Same. These ads are terrible and not appropriate. Would suggest removing them as they are likely malicious and my virus scanner also blocking them.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Yes these ads suck, I have contacted the company, they are supposed to be better, I am working on it, be patient, we will find a good balance between unoffensive ads and generating enough revenue to support the site.

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Thanks for your time and efforts, much appreciated!
No Threats Blocked pop-ups tonight and no inappropriate ads neither, excellent, Bravo!
Thank you