• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Additional charge for a NIB?

ExportZ

Oct 10, 2021
Quebec
Hello,

I would like your opinion on a NIB purchase that I am about to make.
I received a quote about 3 weeks ago with price (MSRP), shipping and taxes.

The good news, the pin is now ready to ship!
The bad news is that a new $500 USD fee is added for import, duty, and freight.

The dealer says it's out of his control and offers to cancel the order.

Since I've never purchased a NIB outside of Stern, is this standard practice for NIBs from outside the US?

Thanks

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Extra costs can and do happen. There's not enough info in your post for anyone to give an informed response/opinion.

Since you are saying a NIB from outside the US that means probably either Fathom (Haggis) or Aliens(Pb Bros). If you'd say which game you are getting then someone who maybe got the same things could chime in.

I'm pretty sure that for Fathom there will be extra costs because shipping will come through Nevada fist then B.C, unless you ship via Air which is crazy expensive anyway.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I know JJP are usually $500US shipped to your door and even new Sterns are typically a couple hundred extra. Can’t really avoid it now if you want NIB, if in inventory, may save on some shipping charges.

GhostedPINBALL

Jan 10, 2021
SW Ontario
The extra costs could be a result of door to door shipping. There are considerable charges for freight that leaves the local dock to your door (the last mile expense). Ask if you can have it shipped to your local LTL hub and pick it up from there. You will save a lot.

ExportZ

Oct 10, 2021
Quebec
Yes, it is from Nitro.

The door to door shipping quote was $500 in January and is now $650. Only $150 less for hub delivery.
Per Nitro email, the extra 500 is the container fee to import the pinball machine.

Looks like it's a new fee to consider now