• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

ACDC - My Take

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
The Tours and Albums show up in the same Chronological order every time, there is a list out there someone as I've read it on which order the songs come up in, but I can't seem to find it now.

Chris Bardon said:
In multiball, do the jackpots always come up in the same order? i.e., is there a "best" song to have going at the start of either multiball, or is it pretty much random? Also, does getting the song jackpot only correspond to one of the multiballs, or will a song show up on both an album and a tour? I'm assuming that once you know things well enough you'll know how many jackpot shots remain until you get the song jackpot in multiball.

Great writeup though-I was wondering why the Fire button was flashing when the cannon wasn't lit. Nice use of the feature! I like how this game seems deep without relying on modes, which seems to be the way that most "deep" games work.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
I could kill you Adam, I was on the fence about this game but now I'm not.

Asshole, you are making me spend too much cash.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Brock, do you have premiums?

Adam mentioned how this game has balanced scoring...I am finding that as well with my SST, it is the most balanced scoring game I have ever played. Hugely underrated game with a great rule set.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Williams Fan said:
I am finding that as well with my SST, it is the most balanced scoring game I have ever played. Hugely underrated game with a great rule set.

***Buzzz***

Incorrect, wrong, guess again.

Loop all day FTW on SST.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
But it is a multiball, and a very lucrative one at that. The dominating strategy on SST as a result is just shooting loops all day.

It was used at Pinferno last month and that was the main complaint about the machine, when it was played all players did was keep going after the loop multiball over and over again, made for an extremely boring tournament game.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
REVOLUTION said:
If only I were good enough to make the same shot "all day long"

I've always sort of rolled my eyes :roll: :roll: at the all day long saying in regards to shots being made ... then I watched Bowen on AC/DC with the cannon shot (prior to the code fix) ... even with the video sped up ... he was legitimately making the same shot all day long (I also remember Zeus doing that on IJ4 at the Cdns) .. I can't do it but it truly is amazing to see someone that can (amazing for awhile then it gets old watching it .. still an amazing ability tho)

smokedog

Mar 5, 2013
Saskatoon
The thing I love about my Premium as well is the colour changing LED's. With the last software update, they added in more colours! Really cool feature, and I love how they change depending on the song you are in, and how the inserts change colour on the value of the shot. The light show in this pin is the best I have ever seen.

Not only that, but Lyman is not done with the rules yet. I still have not figured out what the 'horn' inserts do ....

Great write up by the way! The game has moved into my top 5 of all time, and I'm not even a huge fan of AC/DC. Every time I hear Back in Black, it takes me back to high school, bush parties, and some loser with his TA pulled up and the stereo cranked. And me wishing I even had a car!