• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

A cool book on Pins

BERNIEHUMBER

Nov 22, 2014
Ontario
HI:If you get a chance get "Pinball Wizards" by Adam Ruben(ISBN-13: 978-1613735916).
It gives a bit of history and just some interesting pinball lore.
Bernie

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
It's pretty good-it's basically a pair of intertwined stories about the history of pinball (up to the modern day), and the author's own attempt to get back into tournament play at PAPA (which he uses to talk about competitive pinball). Some of the story is well-worn territory, but it also extends things past 1999, and has background on things like the modern (ish) state of Stern, the creation of JJP, and even a little bit on guys like Spooky. I learned a few new things from it, and Adam's writing style keeps things entertaining the whole time, so it's worth picking up.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
I ordered this book from the Toronto Public Library in March. They let me put a hold on it even though they did not have any copies yet. It has now come in. Thanks for letting me know about this book. I will check it out.

Kouerson

Nov 5, 2014
Hamilton
I ordered this book from the Toronto Public Library in March. They let me put a hold on it even though they did not have any copies yet. It has now come in. Thanks for letting me know about this book. I will check it out.

I got this one from the library too! It was a really fun read, Ruben is a very humorous writer and after reading this I want to pick up some other things he has done. Helped finally get the boot in my ass to play in a league for the first time too!