• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD 500 boarded/bagged comics. Trade ??

KING BLING !

May 12, 2020
Ottawa
"bagged & boarded" comic books from the past 20 yrs. 95% DC/Marvel. 95% MINT ready 2 b graded.

Attachments

• img (59).jpg
    img (59).jpg
    256 KB · Views: 21
  • img (60).jpg
    img (60).jpg
    256 KB · Views: 19
  • img (61).jpg
    img (61).jpg
    256 KB · Views: 16
  • img (62).jpg
    img (62).jpg
    256 KB · Views: 17
  • img (63).jpg
    img (63).jpg
    256 KB · Views: 18
  • img (62).jpg
    img (62).jpg
    256 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

KING BLING !

May 12, 2020
Ottawa
Have just over $3500 into these comics. Would consider a straight up trade on almost any turn key pinball, long shot I know!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Are comics from the 90s worth anything these days? I still have thousands. Haven't found anywhere that will take them, but also haven't looked too closely.

Pharoah007

Nov 17, 2012
Ottawa
Are comics from the 90s worth anything these days? I still have thousands. Haven't found anywhere that will take them, but also haven't looked too closely.
You will get pennies on the $1. Everyone thought they were collecting the next big money makers in the '90s and thus, saturation. Very few are actually rare.

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
No. Everyone was collecting comics in the 90's. The big thing nowadays is to get comics graded, which is a lengthy and costly process which only ever results in good value for money on the high value 90's comics. New character introductions are still the key books to have.

If you want an example, I sold my 90's comic collection when I got into pinball. I guess that was just about 10 years ago. 600 immaculate books, all boarded and bagged. I had collected back issues as well during my collecting days, so I had New Mutants #87 and #98, Amazing Spider-man #298-300, Spider-man #1, Uncanny X-men #266, etc. My point is that my collection wasn't just 90's filler, there were key "collectable" issues in the comic boxes. Probably 20-30 of them, including a 1st printing of Batman: The Killing Joke.

I sold the entire collection for $800 and it took about a week to sell. That money went to my first pinball machine, a $1400 F-14 Tomcat. Worth every penny. I don't regret selling, although I do miss looking through the covers.

I see some of the comics at Geek Fair's when I'm there and see what they are charging for the books nowadays. I think the sellers are crazy. Some of them are graded below 8.0 and they are asking hundreds of dollars. If you're a collector, that's into grading, why would you buy an 8.0? Just buy and ungraded version. There are so many people that collected 90's comics there are still a ton of people out there with ungraded books.

I still have an full set of Marvel Series 1, 2 and 3 comic cards. If you look around on the internet, you'll see there are a lot of people trying to induce a fake hype over the rarity of these cards. It's all false. No one on the planet is interested enough in these cards to be shelling out that type of money. It's all a scam/hype to inflate the value of the cards.

Reactions: roar and Pharoah007

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I've got boxes and boxes of 90's sports cards, all "junk wax" same boat as the comic collectors. It was fun while I lived through it but now I drag these boxes from house to house. I threw a bunch in a slug fest I owned at one point and felt good about it. Not sure what else to do with them to be honest. Use them to star camp fires maybe?

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
I was surprised recently when I pulled my old box of comics out and found out how little they were worth. My collection goes back to the 60's and 70's right through to the 90's, and still not worth selling.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I've got boxes and boxes of 90's sports cards, all "junk wax" same boat as the comic collectors. It was fun while I lived through it but now I drag these boxes from house to house. I threw a bunch in a slug fest I owned at one point and felt good about it. Not sure what else to do with them to be honest. Use them to star camp fires maybe?
Sports cards are at a peak value right now. While I do not sell them myself, I am in the industry.

Reactions: KING BLING !

KING BLING !

May 12, 2020
Ottawa
Were they not at peak value during COVID? I heard it’s been on a downward trend the last 18 months
Ovechkin Young Guns PSA 10 pre COVID $800, now $7000+ per EBAY. Maddening sold off $20 grand pre COVID in cards to fund a fund fun divorce as prices were stagnant....now easily worth 4 times that. Aughhhhhhhhh. Really wish I held onto Pastrnak The CUP.

Wildcats50

Oct 6, 2017
Whitby
The issue with comics now a days is they reboot the series or character every year.

I have thousands of comics from xmen #1 all the way to 250
And thousands of Spider-Man, fantastic 4,I even have avengers # 2, graded at 9.8

Like everything else we own and are willing to sell its up the buyer on what they want to pay