• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

412 elf jamma connexted to oem cabinet?

Cariba

Aug 12, 2022
Mississauga Canada
Sorry for such a newb question....but if a friend has an original pac man arcade with oem pcb etc...can he use the same connection used to connect to the pcb to instead connect to an Elf 412 in 1 with jamma connection? Is it as simple as disconnecting and connecting to the elf? As if its just a new or different pcb?

If so, how is the oem cabinet power supply connected to the elf board? Is there revisions needed to use the elf? I'll try to research as much as I can on this...

Thanks in advance.

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton
Short answer- no, you need an adapter. I assume the elf 412 board is Jamma standard, so if that’s the case you need a Pacman to Jamma adapter. The adapter has provisions to use the P1 and P2 buttons as fire and jump buttons so you don’t need to hack up the control panel. Arcadeshop.com is one source for these.

Reactions: Aerostarz

Cariba

Aug 12, 2022
Mississauga Canada
Ah ok..(yes Elf is jamma connection) I had thought the the original pcb connection was Jamma....thats why I thought you could use this..so this jamma connection system came afterwards? ...ok ill look into this. Thanks for steering me in right direction now.