• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Tim's JOKERZ! thread

tim.sanderson

I went in to Playdium Store to pick up my switches today. After a bit of soldering I installed the new switch, and would you know it, I have ball lock/multiball now. Although I only get a 2 ball multiball. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be two or three...

Either way, I managed to put up a 7 million+ score today. (much better than my pre-multiball score of 2 or 3 million)

I still have work to do on the playfield plastics, but at least it's (seemingly) 100% playable now.

Attachments

• 7,214,220.jpg
    7,214,220.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 2,867
  • new switch.jpg
    new switch.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 2,867

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Nice work Tim. Keep it up!

Thanks for the big assist at the Ottawa Pinball Show with taking scores and helping out so much for setup, strike and everything else.
Very much appreciated and the crowd loved it. Great traveling with you.

Thanks again!

Go for the new upper pf on Jokerz!

tim.sanderson

WARLOCK said:
Nice work Tim. Keep it up!

Thanks for the big assist at the Ottawa Pinball Show with taking scores and helping out so much for setup, strike and everything else.
Very much appreciated and the crowd loved it. Great traveling with you.

Thanks again!
Go for the new upper pf on Jokerz!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s-a1vp4LLk[/youtube]
It's me who should thank you. I had a ton of fun this weekend, plus I learned even more than even I was expecting to.

We'll get together soon... I've looked over that board and have decided it's not something I should attempt. I haven't messaged Doug yet, but I will, and I'll bring it out to your part of the universe. Plus I can grab my sweet new R911 translite. ;)

And I will totes grab that upper PF. Maybe I'll try to organize a group Pinball Life order in the next few days.

... one more game before bed, then I swear I'll turn it off ...

tim.sanderson

Just some gameplay. The game works well enough now that I need someone who knows the rules to come over and give me a schooling. I pay in beer and pizza!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3x4OmuLNQI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Anyone know off hand how the jackpot is collected?

tim.sanderson

tim.sanderson said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3x4OmuLNQI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
BTW, this is what my wacky camera rig looks like. I swear I'll make a better looking version soon. :lol:

With a better light source the picture quality is actually quite good. In the dark though, not so great.

Attachments

• camera rig.jpg
    camera rig.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 1,077

tim.sanderson

Luckydogg420 said:
Nice camera rig. Works well
Thanks. My GoPro lives a humble life. It's not quite as exciting as the skydiving from the moon or shark wrestling that other people do with their cameras. :lol:
My buddy Mike was over last night before we went out. It was the first time I had both games up and running at the same time. It sounded like an arcade in here!

I'm impressed by how reliable Jokerz is. I just realized yesterday that I've not even had so much as a stuck ball since I've got it up and running a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• TandM-J!andR911_1000px.jpg
    TandM-J!andR911_1000px.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,054

tim.sanderson

I had a few questions about how I should remove/replace rivets that hold the switches on my upper mini playfield, but before I finished writing my post I figured I should do a little research first. Who'd have guessed I'd find out what I needed to know. Some 4-40 pan head screws/nuts and a countersink bit should fit the bill nicely:
http://www.videoengine.com/pins/jokerz/jokerz3.htm

So instead of questions I'll instead post a picture of beer.

And for giggles, I figure I'd include the questions I was going to ask prior to doing a little bit of interweb sleuthing:

̶W̶e̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶O̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶m̶e̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶w̶e̶s̶o̶m̶e̶l̶y̶.̶
̶D̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶S̶q̶u̶i̶d̶V̶i̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶r̶o̶ ̶u̶p̶p̶e̶r̶-̶m̶i̶n̶i̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶f̶i̶e̶l̶d̶ ̶(̶U̶M̶P̶)̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶
̶E̶x̶p̶o̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶d̶a̶y̶'̶s̶ ̶T̶O̶P̶L̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶i̶p̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶
̶o̶n̶e̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶
̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶v̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶H̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶a̶r̶t̶?̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶a̶n̶t̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶r̶i̶v̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶
̶a̶v̶a̶i̶l̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶U̶M̶P̶?̶

Attachments

• max_ice_800px.jpg
    max_ice_800px.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 849
  • upper_play1.jpg
    upper_play1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 849
  • upper_play2.jpg
    upper_play2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 849

tim.sanderson

Last night I picked up my new UMP, and so far I am quite happy with it. I haven't tested it in place yet, but cosmetically it looks a heck of a lot better. The original decal still looks pretty great, although I may recreate one one day.
Here's a pic of it below the original one:

When I took the old UMP off I noticed there was a wire gate missing. That likely affected the scoring quite a bit, so I will be erasing the old high scores and starting from scratch.

I brought home some music wire to make up a new one. The small piece is the original, the larger one is a halfway-done new one.

I don't anticipate too much time for repairs today, but hopefully I'll have it all back together in the next couple of days.

Attachments

• new and old UMP.JPG
    new and old UMP.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 813
  • missing gate.JPG
    missing gate.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 813
  • wire gate.JPG
    wire gate.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 813