• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
It was a pretty miserable night to go out trick or treating but still managed to stay out for about an hour with my daughter. I got lots of laughs wearing this Ted jumpsuit around the neighborhood and every time I turned my head there were flashes coming from people's phones.

10609594514_6be3643116_c.jpg

What was really disturbing was how so many little kids under 10 years old recognized the character too!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIYL71ZtRo&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

Anyways, after I put my daughter to bed I had an hour to quickly tie up a few loose ends on some of my games before I went to bed.

1. Drilled out a rivot and put in the proper spot light on my Congo in the back. I also gave the playfield a quick Novus 2 wipe down to clean up some obvious ball trails and applied some Collonite wax. I let it sit while I worked on my other games and it plays really fast now!

10609735144_1ca66b8dda.jpg
10609740874_92f94dd3e9.jpg

2. Replaced the entire Service button panel with a brand new one from PBL on my Shadow as the Exit button wasn't working at all.

10609691424_071596e6a2.jpg

3. Swapped in some chrome buttons on DM to match my "blingy" top handles

10609934913_2f434753db.jpg

4. Cleaned up some wiring inside my Tron and installed this DK Pinball power splitter board for mods.

10609743766_3d68160f75.jpg

5. Installed a translucent blue shooter rod on my Tron as well as clear buttons. I plan on lighting them up this weekend once I stop by Sayal to pick up some molex connectors to plug into the power splitter board. I will do a step by step write up on how to do all this for under $5 bucks in parts in the Projects and Mods section later.

10609717444_712726f47a.jpg

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Luckydogg420 said:
My wife and friends have started calling me "Project Pat".

Haha first thing that came to mind is the rapper by the same name. Here's a nice avatar for you.
qudaqava.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
It is time for me to start building the projects I keep preaching and hinting about.
I will start my own new thread.

I will continue to read everything that everyone else is doing. It is the news for me.
With no offence to anyone, I will likely contain all comments to my own thread.

Keep your flippers flipping!
Cheers.

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Started swapping my RFM in to the nicer SWEP1 cab that I scored from Brock. Got it about half finished before I packed it in for the night, really love the modular aspect of PIN2K, really makes them a breeze to take apart.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
mwong168 said:
It was a pretty miserable night to go out trick or treating but still managed to stay out for about an hour with my daughter. I got lots of laughs wearing this Ted jumpsuit around the neighborhood and every time I turned my head there were flashes coming from people's phones.

I hear dat.

I spent about 2 weeks making a minion costume for my daughter. With the howling winds, she wore it for about 30 minutes before coming home and changing into another less cumbersome costume. After a few moments of seeing my hard work abandoned in the corner of the room, I decided to throw it on myself and tag along with her and her friends. Man, I had no idea. Every time we passed a group of people I had to pose for a couple of pictures. I felt like a frickin' character that walks around Disney or Wonderland. Kids were yelling "Hey Minion" from everywhere. My daughter would just stand there and roll her eyes while I posed with throngs of tykes.

I think I had more fun than anyone. :D

Attachments

• 20131031_185714.jpg
    20131031_185714.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 683
  • 20131031_182226.jpg
    20131031_182226.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 683

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
The beacon on HS is possibly the most important part in the room for me. I have a beacon with the Marco motor that works but has required CONSTANT adjustments and tightening to stay working.

I saw Dranos HS a few weeks back, and his beacon just looked more....right.

So when an eBay auction of a working pull showed up in my inbox, I was all in.

It sat in buffalo for a while, then here boxed a while longer, but I finally got around to installing it today.

Delighted that it's working perfectly. Woohoo!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I am still thinking about what I should do next.
And how I should post, and speak and talk.
And think my thoughts in text form.

I shall create a thread. (Perhaps)

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Adam, just like competetive pinball play is for you,
I take the thinking and writing part of what I do
post seriously. Perhaps I shouldn't. We will see.

Wait until I decide to compete @ pinball for fun!
Then you may see what you never ever suspected!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Finally got a chance to check out a WOZ at TOPL last night, and I'm pretty impressed. The game is coming along nicely-I managed to get the reverse flipper multiball stacked with the munchkin multiball at one point, which was pretty crazy to try to keep up with (although there's a bug where the flippers would un-reverse at a couple of points, I think during the other MB start animation). Plays a lot better than it prototype game they had at SB. Also got a look inside the cabinet, and what's there looks really solid. I was impressed at the number of connectors in there, and that they did things like spade connectors on the coil lugs. I thought most people shied away from those because they tended to vibrate off? Anyway, really neat looking game that had me actually thinking about how to fit on into my basement this morning. If nothing else, it'd be neat to be part of the ride with seeing how the game evolves with each of the code updates.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I've had a chance to play WoZ a couple of times now, and I too have been impressed. To the point I was contemplating jumping on the Hobbit for a second... Then I slapped myself silly once I realized I was actually thinking of spending $8k on a pinball machine.

D

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON
suvyveje.jpg

Pic from last night's action. Was definitely the most popular machine with everyone and was busy all night. I love the status report "map" feature that shows your progress to the wizard modes.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I've had a chance to play WoZ a couple of times now, and I too have been impressed. To the point I was contemplating jumping on the Hobbit for a second... Then I slapped myself silly once I realized I was actually thinking of spending $8k on a pinball machine.

I got in on the Hobbit a couple of months ago, and now I'm really looking forward to it-hoping to get mine for next Christmas (which gives me a year to make room). After seeing what they pulled off with WOZ, it'll be great to see what they do to top it. Hopefully they've worked out some of the kinks in their system by then too-talking to a few owners, it sounds like there are still a bunch of issues with the game.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I went to start a cleanup on CV last night, since it's probably in need of a good shop out, and noticed one of the legs was loose. Turns out the threads on the leg bracket weren't gripping as well as they should have, which could have ended really badly if they'd given out. Probably wouldn't have happened during regular use (except maybe with a really hard shake), but I'm glad I caught it. I happened to have a spare plate around, so replaced that, and now it's good to go again. Now to start pulling stuff off the top to clean. I don't think I'm going to bother with taking anything off the bottom, but I at least want to replace the rubber, flipper mechs, and do a good playfield clean. The inside of the cabinet isn't excessively dirty, but I don't really feel like pulling the whole playfield out to clean it (although I suppose I could take a pass at it with it in).