• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
brewmanager said:
Well, after spending considerable time last week making everything perfect, of course something else broke. Starting to realize that this is the way of the pinball, isn't it?

Left diverter on Roadshow keeps getting stuck. I'll take a look at it one of these nights, but my initial guess is coil sleeve? Ball search frees it, so its still kinda works, but it's not working smoothly at all.

Could be sleeve, but could also just be an alignment issue.

D

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Started going through and making sure everything works for TOPL next week. Whitewater switch issue is repaired, and it looks like one of the flippers on TZ is magnetized. Going to try changing out the coil stop and see if that helps.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Hmmm. I was going to move vids into the warehouse this afternoon, but it is pouring rain in South Scarborough.
Will put that on hold I guess. New coil is in for STTNG, so will repair that tonight instead.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Had some time at lunch today to work on WH2O.
Bigfoot is in tha house! Back in his rightful place and with a new set of hands to boot. The last owner hacked up the log and hands to add a Bumbles mod :twisted:
Can't have that!

Mountains and ramps to follow! Will post a mini diairy of the whole 8 month restoration project next week with some highlights.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Ha! Nordman never looked so good! Lol

I finished a big job I've been working on for the past 6 months, so now that it's complete I was able to tidy up my work area a bit and managed to setup the Rollergames I bought well over a month ago. She's had a rough life but she has potential.

Got two other games in the garage that I will be bringing down to setup and work on, as well as a number of games out in the wild I'm currently doing work on.

Stay tuned, as I have a master plan in place which I am looking forward to sharing with everyone shortly.

D

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Mostly Warlocks tale, so I'll let him tell most of it, but I popped over to his shop after kids bedtime and worked with assisting him on a couple of repairs. We then had an epic best of 11 battle on the machine we'd just fixed. Down 5-3, things looked bleak, but I tied it up with 1 lucky win and a solid game for 5-5.

After two balls, we were practically tied. You have to love it - 10 games in the book, and it comes down to the last ball. I just barely squeezed out a win. An absolute hoot, and I would have been happy win or lose, just because it was an epic battle.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Finished 7 T-1000 mods and 2 shooter rods this morning at 3am. Now I need to do some billing, build some t-shirts and hats, and work on the PinballCustoms.com website!

... and of course, still do my day job. :lol:

slacker

Nov 15, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
REVOLUTION said:
Finished 7 T-1000 mods and 2 shooter rods this morning at 3am.

Get them eyeball shooters painted yet?
You know in your spare time ;)
PM me if you get them done and they are not spoken for want it to fit a HH
J..

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
STTNG is fixed. 100% alive and functional. Thanks Menace for the initial charge of pin repairs and all the troubleshooting lessons. Thanks Brewmanager for helping me fix the last coil last night (as I needed 3 hands) and then the reward of play afterwards. 11 game battle between Walt and I at the end. Nice win Walt. Too much fun. My happiest pin moment ever was when she was running. The rest is all up to Menace to tell.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
WARLOCK said:
Oh, and both my Space Shuttles are up and running 100% now as well, but I expected that, and I am really rather quite pleased about it.

Two Space Shuttles? Always had a thing for that pin. Congrats!

Today was a good day.
Finished the last touch-up on that TAF playfield and will start clearcoating sometime next week.
Also finally got my white water playfield off the rotisserie and will be dropping it into the cab tomorrow. Can't wait to play again! :D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Remove some mylar off the extra I500 pf I picked up from Dave Astill a few weeks back and trying to make it on Adriano's next clear coat train in time :) The mylar came up pretty easy via freeze spray method but the left over adhesive residue not so much. I am going to try this alcohol and flour method that supposedly works very well as seen in this video here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v5TtArrymBA#t=0s[/youtube]

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
mwong168 said:
The mylar came up pretty easy via freeze spray method but the left over adhesive residue not so much.

I've found that I had to soak a shop towel in goo gone, then also apply some to the PF area with the adhesive, then lay the soaked towel on the PF for 20mins and then come back and scrape it off with an old credit card (or the like). Once you've got the bulk of it up you can go at the PF with just the soaked shop towel to get the remainder.

If that doesn't work, set the PF on fire. :cool:

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
LOL! I told mike to let it soak for about a minute last night :)
I guess I read my Mylar removal recipe wrong... sorry Mike.
I can give you a couple of plastic razor blades if you want to swing by tonight.

Oh,
And in the spirit of this thread... should be clearcoating TAF, your I500 and another pf sometime next week.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Drano, I may be letting that second Space Shuttle go. I have a new CPR playfield with it as well. Since I already have David C.'s Space Shuttle at home, I may let this project one go. Menace and I both have an interest in doing a Space Shuttle up, but I believe we both have too many other projects on the go. Would be kinda silly to shelve it and not even get to it for 2 years. Anyway, mechanics are good, and kept running by Sparky + R.A.B. when Suckerfish owned it. So many decisions this month.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Started working on a clients game last night. In 3 hr's managed to strip and shop the topside of the pf and get it all back together. I will be posting pics soon.

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Another great GTG at WARLOCKS warehouse and got Whodunnit back up and running again. A few bad switches need to be replaced and J.Santiago was able to troubleshoot and find the source of the GI problem for the backbox. Then we left for some dim sum at 1:30am and didn't leave till a little after 3:00am. I am so glad it is raining today so I won't have to deal with any customers on the lot as I barely got 3 hours of sleep in.