• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Decided that tonight was the night I was gonna take on a few things on Funhouse I've been meaning to get to.

First off, two switch errors to deal with.

The first, Ramp Entrance, was easy to find and fix. A broken wire, quick solder and problem #1 was taken care of.

The second, upper ramp exit, was a bit more challenging. When I tested what I assumed was the correct switch, I got Upper Steps ramp. What I thought was the upper step ramp exit wasn't registering at all. A few quick adjustments got that switch going, and then I was preparing to take the whole assembly apart to put the switches where they belong when I got a text from the Real J Santiago. Asking his advice, he suggested I just switch the connectors.

Well, duh. Yes, a previous owner had crossed the wires, and the switch adjustment and connector swap suddenly had my Funhouse credit dot free.

The repairs out of the way, I put led 555s in the backbox after changing the batteries (a close call - one was just starting to leak) and I'm not sure it works. I'm gonna have to see another Funhouse - but after changing my RS translite and being thrilled, I'm decidedly meh about how this looks currently. My FH isn't cq, its my roughest machine - but I think it's quite a bit better than player condition as well. It's a keeper, so I'll likely keep plugging away at it.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Busy pinball weekend!

-Finally fixed all the flakey switches on my MM... damn WPC95 pins :)
-Transfered all the parts from old WH2O ramps and mountains to new ones. Hopeully I'll have the game reassembled this week.
-Assembled a few more WH2O "missing plastic" mods to send out to buyers
-Finished up a prototype mirror blade design I've been toying with
-Did more testing on the Tron fiber optic ramp mod as well
-Got to play a bunch of ACDC Premium to see if I want to swap it for my XM LE (the jury is still out)
-Scored a wicked deal on a nice El Dorado!!! :D

level42

Nov 15, 2012
Kitchener, ON
ultra64.ca
DRANO said:
Busy pinball weekend!

-Transfered all the parts from old WH2O ramps and mountains to new ones. Hopeully I'll have the game reassembled this week.
-Got to play a bunch of ACDC Premium to see if I want to swap it for my XM LE (the jury is still out)

If your planning to install these on your WH20, I'd love to see them, perhaps I would order a set ...

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
level42 said:
DRANO said:
Busy pinball weekend!

If your planning to install these on your WH20, I'd love to see them, perhaps I would order a set ...

The custom mirror blades are for something else entirely. However, I was going to try out a set of gold blades on WH2O.
It sounds strange (and I don't think this game really needs blades anyway) but I thought the gold might go with the warm mountains and, with the lost gold mine/prospector sub-theme, it may look okay. I will report back once I've tried it.

level42

Nov 15, 2012
Kitchener, ON
ultra64.ca
REVOLUTION said:
Painted a whole bunch 'o Terminator 2 T-1000 mods.

.. and put up our Christmas Tree.

When are you going to make WH20 Boulder shooter rods again?

Also, have you ever considered dabbeling in the WH20 Missing Mountain mod? The original creator of the mod seems to no longer be making these. If anyone can do it, Brock sure can ;)

level42

Nov 15, 2012
Kitchener, ON
ultra64.ca
DRANO said:
If you're in a hurry, I can point you in the direction of these.

I'm not a super big fan of that mountain, the original one that was created, in my opinion, looks a LOT better.

forum

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I agree, but when life gives you lemons... ;)

I have been talking to the originator of that mod for about a year off and on. Most of the time he won't even reply for weeks.
I think there is little hope it will be made again. Aeneas added his own variation to it, but it's still better than nothing.
I've seen others on eBay that are even worse.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
REVOLUTION said:
Adriano, do you have a sleeve in your shooter assembly? I looks like it may be missing.

I was just testing out how it looked. I have since installed it properly.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Worked on an unexpected pin repair at home tonight alone. Over 4 hours later, repair is complete. Education broadened.
Thanks to Menace for the reply and confirmation that I was on the right track. Fun repair, but spent for now, until tomorrow.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Menace said:
Vengeance said:
Sucked Balls at TOPL last night

Better question is... who's? :shock:

eeew!

I'm a day or two away from fisnihing that TAF restore :p
Spent last night matching all the grey areas and putting down most of the black outlines.
Will post progress pics soon.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Well, after spending considerable time last week making everything perfect, of course something else broke. Starting to realize that this is the way of the pinball, isn't it?

Left diverter on Roadshow keeps getting stuck. I'll take a look at it one of these nights, but my initial guess is coil sleeve? Ball search frees it, so its still kinda works, but it's not working smoothly at all.