• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Metallica

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
REVOLUTION said:
More pics.

Premium, Pro and LE cabs. I like the Pro cab the best...

Have to agree. Pro looks bad ass. I'm not a fan of the band at all, but the game looks really promising. Pro looks sick and has a ton of goodies. I won't be buying one, but actually looking forward to playing it.

Nice to see a custom toy on the game. Good on Stern for finally leaving Wal-mart to get their toys :lol:

Cheers,
Duane

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
This game looks very promising and fun. Elliot can't wait to get his and hoping to buy a premium edition and pro translite seperately to go with it. Don't know why Stern didn't just go with the hand drawn cartoon art for all editions instead as it matches the colorful playfield better.

REVOLUTION said:
Cool that it's custom, not so cool that it's just a bobble-head.

The only thing worse is making shooter rods from bobble heads like that guy on pinside :FP:

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Press release:

MELROSE PARK, IL – April 11, 2013 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world’s leading maker of real pinball games and the AAMA 2012 Manufacturer of the Year, proudly announced today the availability of the Metallica pinball game. The newest addition to the iconic Stern collection of rock and roll machines honors one of the world’s foremost rock bands. Metallica’s notoriously fast tempos and aggressive musicianship sets the tone for an exciting player experience.

Players will be able to bang their heads and their flippers to 12 classic Metallica hits including “Master of Puppets,” “One” and “Fade to Black.” Other action-packed game features include an electric chair, snake, grave marker and unparalleled magnetic action.

“We are proud to release our newest music-themed game designed to capture the raw, rebellious nature of Metallica,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc.

The Metallica game continues both the Stern Pinball and the Stern family tradition of producing quality pinball machines for young and old. The company traces its lineage to Philadelphia in the 1930s when Sam Stern entered the business of operating pinball games. Sam Stern subsequently became part owner and president of Williams Manufacturing, a pioneer in the pinball industry, and passed his lifelong enthusiasm for the game and the business of pinball to his son Gary Stern who founded Stern Pinball. Today pinball remains one of America’s favorite pastimes.

Formed in 1981 by drummer Lars Ulrich and guitarist and vocalist James Hetfield, Metallica have become one of the most influential and commercially successful rock bands in history, having sold 110 million albums worldwide and playing to millions of fans the world over. They have scored several multi-platinum albums, including 1991’s Metallica (commonly referred to as “The Black Album”), which is the best selling album in history of Soundscan scanning 16 million albums in the United States alone. Their latest album, Death Magnetic, was certified platinum just six weeks after it debuted atop the Billboard Top 200 Album chart in October 2008. Death Magnetic charted at #1 in 32 countries. Metallica have also garnered numerous awards and accolades, including nine Grammy Awards, two American Music Awards, and multiple MTV Video Music Awards, and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in 2009. The band recently celebrated its 30th-Anniversary with a week’s worth of fan club concerts at the Fillmore Theater in San Francisco, CA. In 2012, they announced the launch of Orion Music + More, an annual two-day festival curated and headlined by the band. This past summer, Metallica unveiled a brand new stage in Mexico City that featured iconic elements that spanned its 30-year career. They played eight shows to nearly 180,000 fans at the Sports Arena in Mexico City. Later that month the band performed four shows on the same stage in Canada, two in Edmonton and two in Vancouver, during which they shot their upcoming Nimród Antal directed 3D Feature Film, Through The Never, which will be released in 2013.

Pricing and Availability:

The Metallica pinball machine is available through authorized Stern distributors and dealers.

Pro Version: $4,995
Premium Version (road case): $6,995
Limited Edition Version: (Master of Puppets) $7,595

To learn more about The Metallica pinball game and Stern Pinball, visit http://www.sternpinball.com.

Those prices are MSRP, so expect to pay less.

EJB

Nov 17, 2012
mwong168 said:
This game looks very promising and fun. Elliot can't wait to get his and hoping to buy a premium edition and pro translite seperately to go with it. Don't know why Stern didn't just go with the hand drawn cartoon art for all editions instead as it matches the colorful playfield better.

Haha saying I can't wait is an understatement! I REALLY can't wait. Brock, I need this in my basement now. Today, tonight. Please. Metallica was the first band I learned songs from when I first started playing guitar and they were the first band I ever went to see live in concert. I know they've changed, but I'll always remember what a huge roe they played in fostering my love of music first as a hobby, and eventually as a career. Add hand drawn artwork, custom moulded toys, 12 great tunes, a cool and flowy looking layout, and.......LYMAN!!! How can u go wrong. One premium for me pease! :D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Looks like the LE's are all sold out as per Sterns FB page:

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

Our US allocation for Metallica Master of Puppets has sold out within the
first hour of our detailed announcement. The export allocations are
selling out quickly. Working together we will have tremendous sales and
success with all versions of ths great Metallica game.

Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
mwong168 said:
Looks like the LE's are all sold out as per Sterns FB page:

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

Our US allocation for Metallica Master of Puppets has sold out within the
first hour of our detailed announcement. The export allocations are
selling out quickly. Working together we will have tremendous sales and
success with all versions of ths great Metallica game.

Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc
So in six months there should be a bunch of NIB LE's on Pinside for $10K+

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
DRANO said:
jooky said:
Cool article on Ars:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/w ... relevance/

I'm not the biggest Metallica fan but gotta admit this table looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I agree. It looks like a good flowing fast game without too much to slow you down.

Thanks Drano...that was a cool article...I am a Metallica fan so I'm sure i'll like the music and the flow looks good as well...as they always say, it's all about the software though...Time to wait and see!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
tkaye said:
Thanks Drano...that was a cool article...I am a Metallica fan so I'm sure i'll like the music and the flow looks good as well...as they always say, it's all about the software though...Time to wait and see!

The coder is Lyman F. Sheats Jr. so this game should be a home run or a very solid playing game, excellent rule set and with any hope just enough RISK vs. REWARD for none other then...

8641585498_88d1a3839f_o.png

I really look forward Adam's critique on this game but doubt it will hold people back such as Elliot from buying it if it turns out shitty.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Looks OK, but lots missing on the pro... Still, nice to see the metal ramps on there, and it's good that they have a variety of music on there, and not just the newest stuff.

Looking forward to trying one out, but no desire to own one.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Honestly, I cann't believe the artwork on the Premium. It looks aweful. The Pro looks sooooo much better. This game looks like LE or Pro.

Cheers,
Duane

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
REVOLUTION said:
Most people are going Premium with a Pro translite.

Nothing says METAL like a balding Lars :D

So another Stern cash grab. Produce an LE with a horrible translite, so those folks spend a few extra bucks to get the Pro translite.

I tell you, I've been a Stern supporter, but I'm developing a hate for them.

Cheers,
Duane

EJB

Nov 17, 2012
REVOLUTION said:
Most people are going Premium with a Pro translite.

Nothing says METAL like a balding Lars :D

B, can u as a distributor get a separate pro translite for someone who orders a premium? I was talking with mike about possibly doing a custom one, but I do like the pro one a lot :) Either way, can't wait to play this one!