• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Metallica

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Is anyone else as excited as me?
I've heard the official announcement should be within the next 2 weeks.

I'm already thinking about what I'll need to sell to make it happen... :FP:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I'm ok with the theme but every Stern now is wait and see for me.

Xmen was a dream come true theme and now I wish I had of waited on it.

I know Lyman is doing Start Trek so I'm all over that, I won't touch another Stern Product that isn't done by Lyman until it's been out for a while.

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Vengeance said:
I'm ok with the theme but every Stern now is wait and see for me.

I agree 100%.
I would never preorder a Stern and will reserve judgement until I have some solid play time.

As I won't even be considering LE's, I'm in no hurry to order.

Just can't wait to see pics and play it.
I really hope the cab and PF is black or dark blue, not more of this orange yellow red BS.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I'm done with pre-ordering Sterns as well... and the theme is not for me.
Star Trek might be more my speed anyway.... or an ACDC premium, which is a proven commodity.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
no interest, but I had no interest in ac/dc and caved because it was a monster pin. At least with the premium models, there's no rush to get an LE.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
There is no rush to get an LE period.

There isn't a single Stern LE that has any feature that makes it a must own from a gameplay perspective.

This coming from someone who currently owns two LE Stern machines.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
HAHA!
why is everyone in that room except George wearing a coat??

Doh,
just figured it out... class trip - factory tour

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
DRANO said:
HAHA!
why is everyone in that room except George wearing a coat??

Doh,
just figured it out... class trip - factory tour

Actually, The gentleman in the purple parka is messy Marvin, head of QC at stern.

forum

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
movingpictures said:
I've heard the official announcement should be within the next 2 weeks.
How long from an official announcement until a machine is on the floor? What are the chances there might be one at Allentown in a few weeks?

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Vengeance said:
Prediction for Metallica

Thread derail coming up :)

To be fair we can blame Williams for developing the big toy bash mentality and it appears the masses like it. The most popular games have some sort of bash toy:

MM -- hit the castle
AFM -- hit the saucer
CV -- hit the ring master
MB -- although perhaps not as obvious -- hit Frank

In all cases above, hitting the one toy can result in decent points. Sure you can do more in all cases, but the one toy will provide the masses with a fun experience and I think that's why the games are so popular.

Cheers,
Duane

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Good news for Metallica fans, rumor I heard at MPE is Lyman has been moved from Start Trek to Metallica.

So good news for anyone wanting a Metallica, bad news for anyone hoping to get an awesome new Star Trek game.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
they need to promote Lyman, relieve him of the actual coding, and make him "VP of gaming rules" or something. Oversee all the rules and stuff. Tell the lower ranked guys what is working and what needs to be changed.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Chris, you are right on track there regarding Lyman. Great idea. Someone tell Stern.
Adam, yes it is great news for Metallica fans that Lyman may now be on it. Not good for Star Trek sales though. Sigh.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Vengeance said:
Good news for Metallica fans, rumor I heard at MPE is Lyman has been moved from Start Trek to Metallica.

So good news for anyone wanting a Metallica, bad news for anyone hoping to get an awesome new Star Trek game.

That sucks. I was excited about Star Trek. Not so much now.

Bad move on Stern's part. AC/DC is proving to be a massive hit. You would think they would want to keep the team together to generate another hit.

Cheers,
Duane

herg

Mar 28, 2013
Virginia
frolic said:
they need to promote Lyman, relieve him of the actual coding, and make him "VP of gaming rules" or something. Oversee all the rules and stuff. Tell the lower ranked guys what is working and what needs to be changed.

That assumes Lyman would actually want to do that kind of work. A lot of times promotions mean getting to do less of the work that you actually enjoy doing. I would hope that they're at least letting Lyman informally review or make suggestions.