• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern AVENGERS: NOW IN STOCK!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Re: Stern AVENGERS: Available for delivery NEXT WEEK!

Games are in at Starburst! GO PLAY IT NOW! :D

Great game, I had a lot of fun.

I gave the Pro a good 45 mins of play today.. I focused on flow mainly. I enjoyed it.. good shots. The Hulk area is a little awkward and takes some getting used to. The flow feels like it's there.. the Ironman loop especially. This game is FAST, which is great. I like my games fast and furious. The music is very good. The callouts and voice calls are probably the flattest part of the game, IMO. As mentioned earlier, it's a comic book game with movie art. If this game had comic book art it would be hands down a much better execution of the theme than Xmen. As it is though, it's a .. strange combination.

The software.. it's pretty basic right now. It's been confirmed the game has shipped with beta software. Lyman and Lonnie are apparently hard at work on an update, I'm betting the game gets one before Christmas. Right now though, the game is a basic "shoot X target X amount of times to complete mode" kinda game. Boooooring as far as rules go. Modes are pretty much non-existent. That said, with Lyman helping I'm expecting a lot more to go on here.. and there's definitely room on for some fun modes.

The game looks great. I'm not sure what's up with Gomez's infatuation with these plastic puzzle ramps though.. but I guess that's part of what makes his games unique. I have to give kudos to the lighting on the Pro. There was a lot of thought put into the lighting on this game and it really shows. The game is littered with coloured incandescents! Excellent choice. As far as Pro games go, this is the best looking Pro I've seen yet.

I'm confident the LE is going to be the way to go on this one.. and so I've quite comfortably pulled the trigger on my Hulk LE. It's actually in stock right now.. I just wish I could afford to buy it right now. Deposit is in and the game is locked down though. Now to sell some games..

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Nice-I didn't expect that they'd have pros at the same time. I didn't really expect starburst to put out an LE, and I thought the pros would be a month off at least. Anyway, glad to hear that it sounds like a winner, but it's too bad that the software isn't done. I really don't like this trend of shipping a game with beta code, expecting people to buy it like that (which they do), and then hoping that they get around to updating it. So far, so good, but there's nothing stopping them from just saying "nope, we're done" and never finishing the code. I'd much rather be able to make the decision to buy based on a complete game, but it would appear that buying games sight unseen (months/years in advance even) is the new norm for brand new machines.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Laseriffic on pinside just finished his Hulk topper

8329206911_f0ea84f4f8_o.jpg

Think he will be getting a call from Marvel's lawyers soon for this and his Ironman topper as well?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Think he will be getting a call from Marvel's lawyers soon for this and his Ironman topper as well?

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm pretty sure it's fair use to create something like that for personal use, but as soon as you start selling it, that's when it's dicey. Laseriffic seems to have been OK with doing toppers based on just about every other license out there though, so maybe they actually have a deal going? I know Marvel isn't above licensing their characters to appear on just about anything, so it can't be impossible-perhaps just expensive, time consuming, and lawyer-requiring.