• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern AVENGERS: NOW IN STOCK!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Re: Stern AVENGERS: Available for delivery NEXT WEEK!

OK, true, but most of those aren't stuff that you can't add later on, unlike the PF features. Did they release pics of the premium cabinet yet? I don't remember seeing it with the others.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

I'm going to stay away for now as I'm sort of done with the superhero thing... but I have to admit the game is looking a lot cooler than I gave it credit for initially.
I wonder how that lifting hulk ramp works?

Still ahte the art, but understand that's the nature of the (license) beast.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

I still like the superhero thing, but it would have been awesome to have one of the LEs be a comic book themed version. That's one of the things I really liked about X-Men. Other possibility-some extra "A vs X" mode that unlocked if you somehow connected the two games at home :) Of course, there are probably what, a dozen people who could have taken advantage of that? Still though, neat idea.

It *looks* like the hulk ramp just pulls the section out of the middle, so that anything that hits the ramp just jumps off the end, but I'm not sure. Hopefully we get a gameplay video/overview soon. Either way, there'll be games out there soon enough.

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real

what is your favorite avenger? :oops:
the one that shows me gameplay and features... what a useless teaser.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

livefast_dieyoung said:

Yeah man.. if I'm dropping $7k+ on a game I wanna see what the gameplay is gonna be like!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

livefast_dieyoung said:

You didn't actually expect gameplay video from Stern did you? Silly rabbit... :lol:

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

LE Gameplay video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uwfOALXmVSA[/youtube]

Looks pretty good-between avengers modes, tesseract, Loki MB, and shield, looks like there could be some interesting combinations of stuff to try to run. Who's doing the software for this one? And that looks like a magnet without an exposed core in front of Hulk.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Stupid Stern, will they ever learn....
facepalm.gif

Playing enough sterns I'm almost 100% positive you are going to see balls flying off that physical lock on the right hand ramp. It's the exact same mech as LOTR and they had that problem then until they put in a fix, you figure they would learn from past mistakes...

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

Playing enough sterns I'm almost 100% positive you are going to see balls flying off that physical lock on the right hand ramp. It's the exact same mech as LOTR and they had that problem then until they put in a fix, you figure they would learn from past mistakes...

Just curious-what was the fix? Not really surprised though given the airballs off the drop target on TFLE. Given that happened off the first shot to that thing, I can't imagine that it didn't happen in test.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Chris Bardon said:
Just curious-what was the fix? Not really surprised though given the airballs off the drop target on TFLE. Given that happened off the first shot to that thing, I can't imagine that it didn't happen in test.

They put a piece of metal to prevent the ball from flying off:

image-5.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VyIqeS1QGKk[/youtube]

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

I see they went back to the split screen on the DMD, scoring on the left and everything else on the right... :(

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Menace said:
I see they went back to the split screen on the DMD, scoring on the left and everything else on the right... :(

Sort of.. animations and what not still fill the entire screen, but when nothing is really going on they use the split screen. It's a bit of a combo.. looks interesting.

I think the biggest thing was that most people wanted to be able to see all 4 scores on the screen at the same time. I think this works well as it's the best of both worlds. I'm happy there are custom dots too as opposed to a bunch of movie clips.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

From funwithbonus, a couple more comments from George Gomez on the game:

There is more detail video coming in the next few days. Also in watching myself a couple of things need clarification- Advancing Avengers is done by building the 4 lights and Avenger features are not “modes” in the traditional sense, they are not timed and they carry over. We’ll be showing the game with sound fx and voices in the next videos – minus my voice over. You see some of the Pin because I’m human and I had to design 2 Pin models and a Pro and Le version of Avengers. Coincidentally the cosmic cube and the all spark are cubes in the fiction, so it seemed like a natural. Only other similarity is the rear ramp entrance on the left orbit.

–On strategy: start lots of Avengers and hold off starting HULK multiball until then. Thereby using the 6 ball m-ball to advance and finish Avengers- lots of points there. Also some interesting ways of blending the Tesseract into things. All Avengers have Vs. modes which occur after you have collected an Avenger.

–Once you collect an Avenger the next time that you build him up since you’ve already collected him instead it starts a Vs. mode. Avengers are paired based on history of the fiction and the pairing is scripted meaning that Hawkeye’s Vs. is the Widow, but the Widows is HULK, etc. I don’t want to give too much more away because discovery is part of the fun.

The VS modes sound interesting-wonder if this is something that'll show up in the X-Men update?