• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern announces next pin...Game of Thrones

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
12038278_10153598619054244_4958845449910494358_n.jpg

Here is the original final painting by Bob Stevlic Illustration for the LE Backglass on Game of Thrones Pinball! This unique artwork was created exclusively for Stern Pinball for use on the game.

Looks like crap. And why have a character on there that died early in the series and is of real no significance.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Looks like crap. And why have a character on there that died early in the series and is of real no significance.

I haven't watched or read the books before but doesn't everyone essentially get killed regardless of their significance?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I haven't watched or read the books before but doesn't everyone essentially get killed regardless of their significance?

Kinda the other way around, most people that are important die, I could argue his significance and the importance of his death, but its hard to argue that the art looks shit

Reactions: Menace

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Kinda the other way around, most people that are important die, I could argue his significance and the importance of his death, but its hard to argue that the art looks shit

There is a very short time that his character was significant when he was a live but his character only exist in about 4% of the book or series. There are many other characters of more significance that last a good portion of the series. If you are going to do a Khaleesi bg then just have her with the three dragons or include Jorah Mormont who is a more significant character associated with the Khaleesi.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
There is a very short time that his character was significant when he was a live but his character only exist in about 4% of the book or series. There are many other characters of more significance that last a good portion of the series. If you are going to do a Khaleesi bg then just have her with the three dragons or include Jorah Mormont who is a more significant character associated with the Khaleesi.

**SPOILERS DON'T READ IF YOU PLAN TO WATCH THE SHOW**

Jorah may be in more of the book (which I haven't read BTW so STFU about any spoilers!), but I'd argue at this point in the story Drogo was more important. Daenerys was a weak when she was married off to Drogo, sub servant to her brother. She learned her current Strength from him and if not for his death the birth of the Dragons would never have occurred.

Jorah is way less important to her development than Drogo was.

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
**SPOILERS DON'T READ IF YOU PLAN TO WATCH THE SHOW**

Jorah may be in more of the book (which I haven't read BTW so STFU about any spoilers!),.

I don't know what spoilers your talking about, I just mentioned a character that everyone knows about. By the way, TV show has caught up with the books. The books have ended at the same point as the show. Granted I have only watched the first season of the show so far (need to binge sometime soon), maybe Mormont doesn't have play as much in the show as the books.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I don't know what spoilers your talking about, I just mentioned a character that everyone knows about. By the way, TV show has caught up with the books. The books have ended at the same point as the show. Granted I have only watched the first season of the show so far (need to binge sometime soon), maybe Mormont doesn't have play as much in the show as the books.

Just being preemptive :)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Hey Look it's FLIPPERS!

sometimes these clowns I just don't know what they are thinking when they release this stuff

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

I think Bob Stevlic's art is AMAZING! But to each their own :)

Also keep in mind, Stern has very little control over art direction. You can be pretty much guaranteed they had no say in who was on that backglass.

Even the shooter rod I'm designing for this game has to go to HBO for approval.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
I think it all looks great, keeping in mind that theme trumps all for me when it comes to pinball. Hopefully, if enough peeps dislike it, I'll be able to get my hands on an LE down the road for reasonable $$$.