• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Polk 10" subwoofer on sale for $99 at FutureShop

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
I had a Flipper Fidelity kit in my T2, and I gotta say it didn't do all that much.. new speakers are good, but they're only as good as the sound samples you feed into them (T2 is pretty compressed). On the flip side, I put a FF kit into STTNG and it kicked ass!

I'd say anything pre-DCS, don't waste your time + money.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
brewmanager said:
I should have High Speed and Road Show hooked up by the weekend, although my priority is to get Jokerz out...and this Special Forces out of my van. My god, I forgot how heavy that damn thing is. Glad it never made it to my basement.

Maybe I'll wait and see how your pre-DCS games sound with and without the sub.
The only modern games I have that might benefit are Tron and XM... and I already have a FF kit for Tron.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I have one my Tron and the game sounds great with it. It has Left/Right inputs so you could drive two games side by side off this one sub.

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Looks like it is on sale at Best Buy:

$99.99
Save $200
Sale ends: March 6, 2014
Polk Audio 10" 100-Watt Powered Subwoofer (PSW10)

Is there a way to wire this to 2 pins? I have STLE and SM.

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Bought it and hooked it up today, big difference in sound. Now for the fine tuning. Any advise on 0/180 phase? ...and what low pass numbers do you guys like?

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Thanks for the news flash ritewhereiwant2b. I just picked one up. For anyone else who may be thinking about it, you can only buy it online....and they only have 15 left.

Cheers!

Reg

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Glad to be of help Reg. Brock is absolutely right about a sub making quite a difference. I have it hooked up to my SM and STLE, I spliced the end of a couple of old RCA cable, separated the pos and neg and hooked that up to the woofer terminals in the machine, then hooked one machine to left and the other to right RCA inputs of the sub. My setting on it so far are:

- low pass about 120
- phase set to 180
- volume just below 3

the low end is not obtuse at all, the sound blends nicely with some nice warm low-end...

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
OK, I'm a dumbass (admitted freely!). Do I leave the normal sub connected and run off of that to the new sub.....or run wire direct from the pin to the new sub??