• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

October Container Deal discussion

tribasic

Nov 16, 2012
Brossard, Quebec
Hi Gerard!

Thanks for the Getaway Pinball machine! I'm really happy with it. The playfield is in excellent condition, and the cabinet has almost no fading!

I still need to fix a few minor things on it. The only major problem is it doesn't have any sound, but I'm sure I will find a way to fix it.

Sorry I missed you. I arrived at 12pm, but Devilish Bob said that you had to go to Home Depot and help with the Toronto shipment. It sounds like these container deals are a lot of work. I appreciate EVERYTHING you have done!

THANKS a lot! I love my machine!

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Shock_me said:
Almost back home to NB with BSD in the car. Whirlwind trip. 14 hours total with good weather. Thanks again Gerry!
I think I have you beat - left Gerry's 1:45 yesterday afternoon, got home 2:45 this morning, total 24 hours and 2000 km round trip.

DO NOT trust your GPS implicitily!!! The "shortest route" between Quebec and St Georges got me on some logging roads (not kidding) that were a complete sheet of ice!

That being said, I'd do it again in a heartbeat if there was another game I wanted, albeit maybe in the summer next time :) Like everyone else has already said, thanks Gerry for arranging this. Now I have some Italian furniture in my house I can brag about!

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Dr. Who is in the house! I've just been 'containered' :)

Thanks go to Gerard for providing access to these games, and a special thanks to Mike and Glenn for arranging the smooth (and cost efficient) delivery to the GTA.

It was nice meeting you Mike, Glenn, Kurt and Stuart.

Now back to the basement to get her going...
IMG_1994.JPG

Barry

Gerry

Nov 14, 2012
St-Georges de Beauce, Québec
superjackpot said:
Dr. Who is in the house! I've just been 'containered' :)

Thanks go to Gerard for providing access to these games, and a special thanks to Mike and Glenn for arranging the smooth (and cost efficient) delivery to the GTA.

It was nice meeting you Mike, Glenn, Kurt and Stuart.

Now back to the basement to get her going...
IMG_1994.JPG

Barry

:) nice, give me your comments good or bad on your dr.how.

thank again

Shock_me

Nov 16, 2012
Bathurst, N.B.
Hammerhead, yup 24 hours beats my time for sure! I brought my dad with me (72), and we had a great trip. Devilish Bob and the other fellow, can't remember his handle, were great guys and very helpful. Gerry was busy at the depot doing something for the TO guys so I missed him.....this time ;)

I'll second the GPS craziness. I was going through some pretty rural road for a while. Thank The Lord it was daytime! I'll be doing this again for sure.

Pete

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Huge thanks to everyone that made this happen.. and for waiting for my lazy ass to pick up my game. :oops:

Got the T3 in the garage! I'm happy with the condition.. now just to get it working. :)

Gerry

Nov 14, 2012
St-Georges de Beauce, Québec
Shock_me said:
DM yup 24 hours beats my time for sure! I brought my dad with me (72), and we had a great trip. Devilish Bob and the other fellow, can't remember his handle, were great guys and very helpful. Gerry was busy at the depot doing something for the TO guys so I missed him.....this time ;)

I'll second the GPS craziness. I was going through some pretty rural road for a while. Thank The Lord it was daytime! I'll be doing this again for sure.

Pete

the other is Tijaquesx from Montmagny.

i think you have forgot your legs... :eek:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Got mine setup, did the power conversion, which was really simple, and set it up.

Bit more of a basket case then I was hoping for this time around.

The CFTBL in the first container was great, dirty but everything working.

Dr. Who is a different story, I've got a bunch of random switches going off all over the place and the Time Expander doesn't work at all and looks to be really messed up. So that will be a big challenge to fix.

Haven't gone over it with a fine tooth comb, but I'm happy with the cosmetic condition.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Shock_me said:
Lol yeah I realized I forgot the legs about an hour down the road. Any decent Williams legs left?

Welcome to the club of people who leave the legs behind on a road trip!

Left a set in Buffalo once - luckily the seller is a friend, and held them for me.

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
Finally got my Rollergames and Star Wars in the house and unpacked and they are dry!. I did a quick once over and overall i'm happy with the condition. I noticed a couple wires soldered into fuse holders on the PS of SW but the holders were broken so it was most likely a quick fix. I won't get a chance to convert them for quite a while but when i do i'll update. The other thing I did was yank the old batteries to avoid any leakage. Damn weird battery in RG. Crazy Europeans.

Thanks again Gerard and everyone. Mike

Anyone have some Star Wars DE plastics/slings and death star? Alse a manual would be nice.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hey guys, this morning was a blast... let's not do that again. I was drying out for hours :eek:
Gotta move some stuff around and I'll get my CC set up tomorrow or Tuesday.

Thanks to Gerry, Mike and Glenn for everything!
I'll definitely do it again.

Adriano

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
I did the transformer conversion tonight. Super happy with both games. Rollergames is fully working but needs a shop job. Star Wars has one motor not engaging but otherwise everything registers and works. Surprisingly both were fairly clean inside. I also found lots of goodies inside Star Wars including the sling plastic i needed, missing jabba plastic and another along with 3 key fobs. No manual though. Also it has the typical display issue that comes with most DE and Sega machines. A new power harness should do it.

I kept my expectations low and I'm pleasantly surprised. And, both games had english roms! Bonus :).

Mike