• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

spikedbat

Aug 31, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontario
A couple of listings from Ottawa that actually seem like pretty fair deals for DMD's in today's market. I'd be curious to know more about condition versus price if anyone is going to check them out.

WCS94 - $3,500
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collecti...ll/1252545902?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

F-14 - $3,500
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collecti...ll/1252542108?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

JOHNNY MNEMONIC - $3,800
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collecti...me/1252531516?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Funny bc the guys on the facebook group were chirping his prices. Ya F-14 is high, but the other two are amazing prices. If those were in GTA the bidding war would have commenced almost immediately.

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
$3,500 for a WCS and $3,800 for a JM are 'amazing' prices??? Seriously?? I am way out of touch if this is the case. Wanted a JM for a while now but at $3,800 it's a simple decision! No thanks!

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
Decent people never used to think like this before. Desperate or greedy, but it's putting that before integrity. If I offer something for a price, then that was the price I was happy to receive. If you make a contract with someone to purchase at a set price, then you should honour it so long as the other keeps their end of the deal. Full stop, no exceptions. Unless you're an ass hat. (I am, of course, stating a generalized belief and not singling out anyone in particular with my remark. ;-) - but then again I've been banned before for less. Just ask Sparky.)

I have had a few sellers with this kind of integrity but there are rare now.... and getting rarer. Me i'm like that; this is the price, first one with the commitment & cash gets it. Not the guy offering me more.

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
Works both ways. I have agreed on a price and the buyer doesn't show up or once shows up tries to dicker the price down. If I agree on a price and say I will hold an item I ask for a non-refundable deposit. If not, it's fair game to whoever comes first and offers the best price. I am so done with the old Oh please hold it for me I will be right over only to find the person ignoring calls and not having the decency to even respond and say they are no longer interested. Verbal agreements are BS and anyone complaining if they put no money down that the seller took more needs to wake up. It's ok to come by and haggle down but if I have 3 people interested in a game I cannot let them haggle up? Seriously? I stills say the seller has the right to do whatever he/she wants. If you put a cash dep. down that is different. Then you have a intent, otherwise I say it's fair game.

I believe in fairness but it's a two way street and I have been screwed over on both sides.

This is the world we live in now, no one has decency, no one gives a crap about no one nor do they care about rules, ita all about ME! Same can be said for drivers these days. It a freaking war zone on the roads, just like pinball....like many other things.

On a brighter not there are still poeple out there that their word is their bond and a verbal commitment rules. I still find them everywhere. A mennonite sausage maker who sends me 150 woth of sausage on a phone call and tells me to send a check after I get the box they sent. Now thats impressive. A vendor who gives me 400.00 in merchandise because I forgot my wallet an hour away. Yep they are all going by way of the dinosaur because of ....... :(

Sad world we live in.

So to respond directly, dont let people change who you are.

Reactions: IVPinball

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
It seems some people are playing games with Kijiji. I seen a $4000 Walking Dead LE briefly for sale in Ontario Kijiji this week. Why would they purposely put up a false ad? Is this an attempt to lower the price bar?

Uberhare

Apr 13, 2013
Kitchener, Ontario
Some one is trying to be the kijiji police. It's been discussed on the "other" board. Lots of bogus ads being placed for lower prices, usually the same machine as someone else has for sale. Some pre-pubescent twerp living in their mom's basement with nothing better to do I suspect since they can't afford to buy anything now. He is usually targeting the Ottawa area.

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
Some one is trying to be the kijiji police. It's been discussed on the "other" board. Lots of bogus ads being placed for lower prices, usually the same machine as someone else has for sale. Some pre-pubescent twerp living in their mom's basement with nothing better to do I suspect since they can't afford to buy anything now. He is usually targeting the Ottawa area.

Still not making sense then you have ads that start at a reasonable price until people tell the seller its worth x dollars more and the price increase along with text stating "been told your trying to steal this from me".

EVH

Feb 14, 2014
Mississauga
Still not making sense then you have ads that start at a reasonable price until people tell the seller its worth x dollars more and the price increase along with text stating "been told your trying to steal this from me".

Yea giving someone their asking price is trying to steal it from them...

I guess these people walk in to a car dealership and when they get offered a deal they say, no sorry I want to pay more. I don't want to steal that car from you...

Reactions: ibjeepin

EVH

Feb 14, 2014
Mississauga
This is the world we live in now, no one has decency, no one gives a crap about no one nor do they care about rules, ita all about ME! Same can be said for drivers these days. It a freaking war zone on the roads, just like pinball....like many other things.

On a brighter not there are still poeple out there that their word is their bond and a verbal commitment rules. I still find them everywhere. A mennonite sausage maker who sends me 150 woth of sausage on a phone call and tells me to send a check after I get the box they sent. Now thats impressive. A vendor who gives me 400.00 in merchandise because I forgot my wallet an hour away. Yep they are all going by way of the dinosaur because of ....... :(

Sad world we live in.

So to respond directly, dont let people change who you are.

No sh!t. I bought a TZ and IJ from a guy in Edmonton. Sight unseen. He asked for only half the money up front, if the games were as described, I send the other half. I made arrangements for the shipping through work. The games were mint. I sent him the cash the very next day. that don't happen often.

As for drivers. It's really is brutal. People are aholes. Don't ever let yourself follow suit. I still stop at red lights, signal even if no one is around even though others are erratic around me. I stick to my guns. Same with everything, like pinball and whatnot. It's your self worth. Follow the loser herd or stick to being a decent human being. I chose the latter.

Reactions: ibjeepin

spikedbat

Aug 31, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontario
$3,500 for a WCS and $3,800 for a JM are 'amazing' prices??? Seriously?? I am way out of touch if this is the case. Wanted a JM for a while now but at $3,800 it's a simple decision! No thanks!

Yup.. definitely out of touch.

It's not 2006. Prices are rocketing up because of all the new players getting into pinball. More demand, less supply. Expect this to continue, unless people start to move into the virtual pinball arena.