• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Back in the day the game would have to be minty at that price. In today's ridiculous market, it likely got sold last night for more than asking...

D

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
Menace said:
Back in the day the game would have to be minty at that price. In today's ridiculous market, it likely got sold last night for more than asking...

D

WOW so I guess my HUO since 1990 completely rebuilt back then with a Factory playfield and played less than 500 times since is worth, hmmm 3950.00? in Jean Marc Dollars! :)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
In this market, you'd probably get a silly amount of money for it if everything you mention is true... (and when I say "back in the day" I'm talking less than 10 year ago)

D

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
Menace said:
In this market, you'd probably get a silly amount of money for it if everything you mention is true... (and when I say "back in the day" I'm talking less than 10 year ago)

D

Nah I'm a playa not a flippa! I still love the machine!

:D

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster
quarter grabber said:
Williams Fan said:
Prices at their best in Gatineau courtsey of Jean-Marc now! :FP:

Ha I thought those were Jean-Marc's games :lol: man that guy is a nut.

Not really. I don't think he's a nut at all, he's a capitalist like a lot of sellers right now.

The only real difference is he doesn't have a bunch of people jumping on and saying nice things about the games and how he's a great seller.....

Sheep :FP:

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
No actually I would not. I paid 1000,(almost 5 weeks ago), 40 for gas to go get it,after we loaded you informed me that you had kept the keyboard and mouse, no big deal, so off to Staples I go, wireless keyboard/mouse 80$, took it home, found a few minor bugs, had the computer swapped out to a little faster unit, hoping to cure the flipper lag on the one system(it did not), used comp was 150. so 1000+80+40+150 =1270$, as I was hoping to recover most of my costs I listed at 1500, after all its kijiji... .but thanks for your concern..

As for virtual pinball, I was not that impressed, nor were my friends that stopped over, just not the same, so i decided to list it.

"unless his a flipper"..... :FP:.. I love this..seems the term flipper thrown around on these sites seems to apply differently to people depending on who you are lol... :roll:

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
slither said:
As for virtual pinball, I was not that impressed, nor were my friends that stopped over, just not the same, so i decided to list it.

One of the main reason's that Im drawn to pinball, and I'd assume most all of us, is the fact that it is a physical game. It's a real steel ball that is affected by gravity and physics - the ball can move in an unpredictable way that a videogame can't replicate. And if the ball moves in an "unnatural" or unpredicatable way, due to a spin, I find myself say, would you look at that! The playing-fields, lights, bumpers, toys, etc are all REAL. And when your in the presence of a well maintained machine, it is a thing of beauty, it is pop art, collectible and by its very presence - it is fun!

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
I agree, not too mention the fact you can pretty much play vp one handed, its made to be way too easy, novel Idea, I admit, but give me an old ss any day, I guess im old,lol, maybe it appeals more to the younger generation.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
It's made for those who can't afford to drop a couple grand for every single game they want. Spend $1K, and get a machine that I can play my 50 most favourite games. Yeah, its not the real deal, but I don't have $10K for a Medieval Madness, so this will have to do.

BTW I'm in the real deal camp myself.

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
I would agree with ritewhereiwant2b, and to your comment I say I would rather have one real pin than 50 virtual ones regardless. Its kind of the same analogy to watching a blockbuster movie on your ipad vs a thx theater.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
slither said:
No actually I would not. I paid 1000,(almost 5 weeks ago), 40 for gas to go get it,after we loaded you informed me that you had kept the keyboard and mouse, no big deal, so off to Staples I go, wireless keyboard/mouse 80$, took it home, found a few minor bugs, had the computer swapped out to a little faster unit, hoping to cure the flipper lag on the one system(it did not), used comp was 150. so 1000+80+40+150 =1270$, as I was hoping to recover most of my costs I listed at 1500, after all its kijiji... .but thanks for your concern..

"unless his a flipper"..... :FP:.. I love this..seems the term flipper thrown around on these sites seems to apply differently to people depending on who you are lol... :roll:

Don't take it so bad, I had no bad intentions towards you, it was nice meeting you as well.
I was happy to get 1000$ for the game even if I put a few dollars on it myself and charged you 0$ for gas (which cost me more than 40$ ;) )and you were happy to pay 1000$ for it.
There is nothing wrong with being a flipper, nothing wrong with selling a game more than what you paid for it, we all are flippers at one moment or another.
Maybe if I did'nt add this :FP: :FP: , you would of felt less offended, I'm sorry for that.... :oops:
I'm a dumb ass on these forums, I often very badly translate my real feelings and that's why you don't see me here and on MAACA very often in the past few years other than in the selling sections and that's why I rather speak on the phone with people..... ;)
Another intrusion that will make me abstain myself even more........ :oops: :oops:

By the way,I did'nt have a keyboard with the game as well when I bought it, I bought a wired keyboard that cost me 20$ at Wallmart, as for the lag, I tried everything and nothing can stop it......when you recieved the game, it was at it's best.
I have a feeling that you are'nt happy with your purchase, am I wrong?

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
I was very happy with my purchase, the thrill of the virtual pin just wore off quickly, not only for me. As for the keyboard as I stated, it was no big deal, and I spent extra cash for a wireless set for convenience, kind of a hassle storing it inside. You mentioned flipper lag before sale, so no worries there, We thought a faster processor may cure it , but no. I just thought id jump in and defend my higher price listing before the well known price police jump in and say what they say. This is the reason I very rarely post for sale on here or maaca. I do go through a lot of pins, I like the 400-500 projects nobody wants, put a few hundred into them to get them going , play them for a month and then sell em off to get a new project (lucky to break even). If getting an old pin going, then selling it at cost or at a loss makes me a flipper than so be it,and trust me I have sold more than a few to the elite of the sites, only to learn they flipped them within a week, and I dont care. Thats the problem , too many people worrying about what someone else is doing, without knowing all the facts.
No worries Aljo, was nice to deal with you..

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
slither said:
Thats the problem , too many people worrying about what someone else is doing, without knowing all the facts.
IM QUOTING THIS FOR TRUTH

The whole problem people have with "flipping" pins, is the fact that someone is trying to make a quick buck on something they didn't enhance the value on whatsoever. Buy a pin for $1K and turn around to sell it for $1500.

Yeah, its a shitty thing to do, but in reality, there is nothing being done on a personal level. If you feel like you were taken for $1k when you could have had $1500, then you should have asked for the $1500.

Also, if you sold for 1K then clearly you were happy enough with the offer or were in a financial pinch causing the quick sale. The fact that someone else is making more means nothing to you because its not like the new seller is making a commission off you or pulling from your original 1K deal.

Im probably upsetting people with this post, but its easy to see this in real life in all aspects.

Easy example... real estate. There are homes in my neighborhood selling well above what they should be, only for the fact that the market here is on fire. One neighbor sold his house, and literally 2 months later the new owners flipped it. No upgrades, no changes, just a straight up flip. They sold it for $12,000 more than what they bought. Now, the original neighbor (who I still speak to this day) was sour about his house being resold for more so quickly after the fact. The problem I have is he accepted the buyer he got, sold for what he was happy with and now they sold to someone else willing to pay more. The new owner, whether intentionally flipped or other personal reasons had a different buyer happy to pay the new listing price. Is this wrong? The original owner got what he wanted, but feels slighted because the next guy got more? Its a fallacy in itself, and it happens everywhere.

If a flippers price is too high, it wont sell, and if it sells, than to someone, the price was right. That takes nothing away from the previous seller. As shady as the original transaction may have become. It sucks for the hobby and the community, but as stated by others, that person *cough* Gatineau *cough* will get a bad rep within the community that is large portion of the pond the "flipper" is fishing in.

Just my $0.02