• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
I have no beef with the guy and more power to him to throw down a wad of cash, move the pins and then relist for more money. And you really have to give him credit for having enough balls to list a SF2 for $2,200 but FFS, can someone please show him how to properly use caps lock!

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
OK, so who wants to place a wager on how long these ads are up? OR how many times they get relisted? Anyone want to start a pool? LOL

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
REVOLUTION said:
Bally Boy said:
there's only less than 10 people on PBR anyway :lol:

Quality over quantity man! :D Anyway I don't care what people do with their machines. HOWEVER, it's a small community.

That said Dan, I'd never hesitate buying a game from you.

I agree, I think one could ask was there any value added to the machine(s) for that rise in cost or was it a simple monopolization of machines to further create a higher price? Supply and demand. Enough flippers with wads of cash can and do inflate the costs for all. Yet if they spend time making improvements to the benefit of and owner then I begrudge no one that.

ShootAgain

Aug 6, 2013
Gatineau
Williams Fan said:
Yep, Rick is known as High Speed on Maaca and is good friends with Pat Lepage who also is a pin flipper. Gatineau pin flippers at their best!

Sad for the other honest fellow pinheads in Gatineau... :x
I should stop selling my pin after 3 months, otherwise I'll be considered being part of the Gatineau pin flippers team. :D

Kingston is now having competitors! :FP:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
The Amazing Spiderman - $950 - Brantford
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/city- ... nFlag=true

meegis said:
Looks like the other machines from Gatineau are starting to pop up

...and In the spirit of all CAPS :cool:

TED NUGENT - $1300 - GATINEAU
HTTP://WWW.KIJIJI.CA/V-TOYS-GAMES/GATIN ... NFLAG=TRUE

THE GETAWAY - $2950 - GATINEAU

POLICE FORCE - $2400 - GATINEAU

FUNLAND - $650 - GATINEAU

BLACK KNIGHT 2000 - $2750 - GATINEAU

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
And looking to double his money without doing a damn thing besides beating all the other collectors to the purchase. (and knowing the history of the re-seller you can bank on him getting this lot for way less than the 12K original asking price)

And Dan, no need to get worked up. I think everyone knows (or should know) that you get all the games you sell up to good working order beforehand, so there is value associated with that. The same can absolutely NOT be said about Rick / Pat.

D

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster
Menace said:
And Dan, no need to get worked up. I think everyone knows (or should know) that you get all the games you sell up to good working order beforehand, so there is value associated with that. The same can absolutely NOT be said about Rick / Pat.

D

Hey, Doug, you know I don't really get worked up about anything pinball related.... I'm about as easy going as it gets ;)

There is something to be said about standing over a game for 30 hours getting things up to snuff , there is a value associated with a great ( and not a spit and polish clean what I can only see ) shop job, at least some people realize this!

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Bally Boy said:
Menace said:

D

Hey, Doug, you know I don't really get worked up about anything pinball related.... I'm about as easy going as it gets ;)

There is something to be said about standing over a game for 30 hours getting things up to snuff , there is a value associated with a great ( and not a spit and polish clean what I can only see shop job ), at least some people realize this!
I think a lot of us realize this. I know a few people who have been bitten before by this, and it happens far more often than we (as hobbyists) would like to see.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Well that's the difference really between a pin flipper and a collector.. we as collectors can appreciate the elbow grease that's gone into a game, and as such we're willing to pay for the extra care tended to the machine -- otherwise you're expecting the work to be done on the game for free, and then who's being the dick at that point ;)

The "buy low, sell high (without so much as setting the game up)" kind of mentality is kinda like spitting in the face of the collector. That's what I mean when I say it's a small community -- that sort of behaviour sticks to one's reputation.

Stick to buying from within the community. Everyone here has a reputation to maintain, and most see the value in doing so. You may not find the deal of the century by doing so, but at least you typically know what you're buying.

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
Well there you have it Mwong - we now know how much 'meat on the bone' Rick is trying to eat. Case closed!

Really quite sad for all parties involved actually.

Especially sad for Rick.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
At least Rick put up money to buy the entire lot to take a risk on trying to profit. How much that is TBD but I am sure nobody on here will be giving him any money for his games.

It could be a lot worse and I remember about 2 weeks ago after talking to another member named somed00dxx who was trying to sell a Special Forces, Party Animal and Diamond Lady for his friend. He found a buyer who verbally committed to buying them all but didn't pick up, leave a deposit and set a tentative pick up date for the upcoming Saturday. Then the buyer secretly lists them on kijiji for 2x the price hoping to have them pre-sold before pick up. Now fast forward to Saturday and how convenient the buyer is having car troubles and has to reschedule. somed00dxx says you can't fit 3 pins in your small car and should be renting or arranging for a van or truck. What is even worse is this same buyer was trying to buy mitch's SST and even told him it was pending him flipping these games too.

For those who want to know who this fruit cake buyer is send me a PM for details. I've dealt with him before and ironically bought my first pinball machine from him back in November 2010. I even sold him my WCS94 after he had inquired via my kijiji listing at the time. I had many weird encounters with him afterwards and he was telling me how he used KY to lube the ramps on WCS94 and game plays so fast compared to when he first got it. He even offered to "tweak" my pins next time he came over and I was like thanks but keep your KY and your dick in your pants :lol:

I decided to cut him off cold turkey because he made me and my family feel very uncomfortable the last time he was over at my house. I guess because we had two transactions and been over to my place once to play some pins before picking up his WCS94 he felt we were friends. His birthday was coming up and it happen to fall on the same day as my niece's birthday up in Barrie. He had asked if he could "blaze up" or get high and come over and play my pins that day. I told him I had other plans for the entire day so he said maybe if you come back early you could give me a call and I can come over still. I was just like sure whatever (NOT!) we'll see and maybe I'll get my wife to make you a sandwich too?

I usually don't get home early from these family gatherings at my sister in-laws up in Barrie. So next day I get a missed call and he left a pretty nasty voice message because I didn't call him to come over. It was something like "hey, so i don't know why you didn't call me but that wasn't very nice and you don't know who you are fucking with..." basically yammering on and on. I saved the messaged in case anything happened so I could approach the police since I also knew which apartment and unit he lived. Anyways, how I got in the loop with somed00dxx was I saw his ethical post and sent him a PM asking if the name of the buyer was __________ based on the location of the kijiji flip ads. He was like yeah and even said the buyer mentioned me and how bad of a person I am to the community and that I am the one posting all these fake kijiji ads like $4100 CV or $4300 TAF :FP:

It's a small community and whatever you do whether it be good or bad will make its way around. I think the funniest story was when I bought a $2300 Champion Pub off kijiji a few years back and sent my brother in-law Keith to pick it up because I couldn't get out of work till 5pm. I was scared a few other ambulance chasers or flippers would offer more and did but luckly the seller had scruples. There were a few guys who offered slightly more then asking and one even said they would be there within the hour. I wasn't surprised at who these two particular individuals were but never bothered to PM them to say "nice try". Anyways, when Keith got to the house the seller opened the door and flipped him the double bird. He's like I know you... your brother inlaw is that asian guy :lol:

14451340955_68a79262ed_z.jpg

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Im always amazed at how you get machines into that basement wong.... I mean, at least from the pictures, it looks damn near impossible.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I miss the standard "FU' pics from Wong's pin moves-truly a horriffic basement to move games into. It's nice when you can factor pinball into your moves!

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
mwong168 said:
It's a small community and whatever you do whether it be good or bad will make its way around. I think the funniest story was when I bought a $2300 Champion Pub off kijiji a few years back and sent my brother in-law Keith to pick it up because I couldn't get out of work till 5pm. I was scared a few other ambulance chasers or flippers would offer more and did but luckly the seller had scruples. There were a few guys who offered slightly more then asking and one even said they would be there within the hour. I wasn't surprised at who these two particular individuals were but never bothered to PM them to say "nice try". Anyways, when Keith got to the house the seller opened the door and flipped him the double bird. He's like I know you... your brother inlaw is that asian guy :lol:

Wait a minute...
You're ASIAN?

:lol: