• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

NEED HELP WITH XMEN REPAIR

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
UPDATE:
I called Stern, they told me to swap out the board with the one in my Tron. I did and all the controlled lamps started working in XMEN again.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
so you fixed it , yee hay , and need a new board, congrates .I have done similar with broken games , nice to have parts from other machines to find the problem. it narrows it down and makes life easier

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
quarter grabber said:
UPDATE:
I called Stern, they told me to swap out the board with the one in my Tron. I did and all the controlled lamps started working in XMEN again.

Yep, as I suspected you fried the lamp matrix. Here's hoping Stern is being nice and sending you a replacement. :)

D

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Menace said:
quarter grabber said:
UPDATE:

Yep, as I suspected you fried the lamp matrix. Here's hoping Stern is being nice and sending you a replacement. :)

D

They are, Top notch customer service by Stern! That's why I almost exclusively buy NIB. Star Trek here I come!

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
So, you returned your 1st XMEN for being a 'lemon'...
Then you fried your second and they are paying for your mistake?

Man, I'm sure Stern would just HATE to lose you as a customer :lol:

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
movingpictures said:
So, you returned your 1st XMEN for being a 'lemon'...
Then you fried your second and they are paying for your mistake?

Man, I'm sure Stern would just HATE to lose you as a customer :lol:

Hey, I'm sure if something happened to one of your new machines you'd do much the same. ;)

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
quarter grabber said:
Hey, I'm sure if something happened to one of your new machines you'd do much the same. ;)

You are totally right and I am happy they are replacing the board for you.
I was merely playing devils advocate (with STERN being the devil :lol: )

This reminds me of the time I exchanged my AR DRONE for a new one after crashing it by citing physical defects :twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwmGzxWw2yY[/youtube]