• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[GroupBuy] TSPP Upper Flipper Control Board *Completed*

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Re: TSPP upper flipper control (very cool mod)

I was playing mine last night, I'll have to see it in action on one of yours, because those top flippers just don't bother me.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

frolic said:
I was playing mine last night, I'll have to see it in action on one of yours, because those top flippers just don't bother me.

If they don't bother you currently there is not much to see because it doesn't do anything to change game play. This is more for reducing any unnecessary wear on the upper flipper parts such coil sleeves, coil stops, pawls, etc when the ball is not in play on the upper playfield. An added bonus of noise reduction could also be used as a justification to spend $100 on this because 3 flippers going off is a bit quieter then 5. In a home environment you will probably never see the long term benefits of this but I can see how this might be good if you were routing a TSPP at a busy location.

tastef, how has the board been since you installed it on your game? does it recognize the ball consistently or have there been any times where the ball gets sent up and the upper flippers did not work?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

I'm thinking about buying it I can see the value.

Sterns from this era suffer from tired flippers, after a marathon session of gaming even though the flippers are in tip top shape physically the coils heat up and tire out and shots get much harder to make. It not as bad on the main PF as most of the shots are pretty shallow and can be made without much issue, but on the upper playfield once the game has been played for 2 hours straight, making the couch lock gets harder and harder.

I've seen the issue on any number of TSPP's

I can see the value in this as not only will it make it so your parts wear out less quickly but at the same time, it should in theory make it so that every time you end up on the upper PF the flippers are nice and strong.

So even in the home environment I can see the value

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

ok 4 so far , luch , nics135 , superjackpot , vengeance , anyone else????????????????????

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

ah hell, I'll buy one :).

if I'm cooling off buying machines I might as well go hog wild on mods :FP: .

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

I edited the first post and made a list of people who are currently in on the group buy so you don't have to scan this thread. If you want to be on or off it shoot me a PM. Once the list is finalized I will let luch deal with Pascal and arrange for payment and shipping of all the boards to him. Pick up will probably be in Newmarket or else I know he is part of TOPL so you could see him on Monday to grab it. Did you guys want to set a deadline say by the end of the week to close the group buy?

luch do you have Pascal's email address? If not let me know and you can find out how many he has ready to ship.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

Let me know what you'd like to do for money. Cash at topl might be easiest, but I'll work with whatever is needed.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

Will cut off May 1st , forward me pascals email and prices he gave you for 4-10 units . total cost will be divided by how many buy in .

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

luch said:
Will cut off May 1st , forward me pascals email and prices he gave you for 4-10 units . total cost will be divided by how many buy in .

Just forwarded you an email from Pascal luch, good luck guys and will maintain the list as I see people chime in.

tastef

Feb 16, 2013
Quebec city

mwong168 said:
frolic said:
tastef, how has the board been since you installed it on your game? does it recognize the ball consistently or have there been any times where the ball gets sent up and the upper flippers did not work?

I played a lot with the game today and I must say that it happens (very rarely) that the flippers don't activate when the ball is sent on the mini playfield.
I'll contact Pascal and ask what the problem could be.
It even happened once that the flippers worked in the beginning and stopped working while the ball was up there...... :x

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

tastef said:
I played a lot with the game today and I must say that it happens (very rarely) that the flippers don't activate when the ball is sent on the mini playfield.
I'll contact Pascal and ask what the problem could be.
It even happened once that the flippers worked in the beginning and stopped working while the ball was up there...... :x

Hmmmm... please let us know how it goes, this might affect my decision.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

superjackpot said:
I'd have to say this is a deal breaker for me.

I don't blame you and will wait and see what Pascal says about this and leave the list as is and sure luch will do one final roll call a day before if this group buy happens. Good luck guys!

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Re: [GroupBuy] TSPP Upper Flipper Control Board ends May 1/2

yes will pm each person after pascal's answere to issue , to finalize buy .