• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[GroupBuy] TSPP Upper Flipper Control Board *Completed*

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Re: TSPP upper flipper control (very cool mod)

are you interested in purchasing one , because i am , we could save on shipping if we double up

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

I might be interested in this too luch, I will send him a question to see if the shipping rate would be the same for 2-3 boards.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

This is a smart mod.
I often wonder why games had upper playfield flippers operating whith no ball up there. A total drain on power and more wear and tear .

I think my Zaccaria Farfalla from the 80's already did this 30 years ago :lol:

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

perfect , thanks keep me informed , really think this is a great upgrade , way to noisey and power drain , when not ball present

tastef

Feb 16, 2013
Quebec city

I purchsed one 2 days ago and it shipped this morning.... :(
Anyway, I've always thought that TSPP was too noisy with it's 5 flippers, now it should sound much better with this mod.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

we might be looking at a group buy to bring cost down , the more in maybe a better price ?

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

tastef said:
Anyway, I've always thought that TSPP was too noisy with it's 5 flippers, now it should sound much better with this mod.
let use know how it works installed . thanks

tastef

Feb 16, 2013
Quebec city

luch said:
tastef said:
let use know how it works installed . thanks

Will do.....

hurricane

Nov 15, 2012
Quinte West, Ontario

Pascal's products are top notch and he is excellent to deal with. Prolly best to contact him directly through his website, as he does offer a rebate for bulk buys. Shipping is also quick btw.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

Interesting idea-the upper flippers on there have never really bothered me that much, but it could be a good way to reduce wear on the parts. I've honestly never looked to see how mine look-they've been fine the entire time I've owned the game.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

i think this is neat, but, for a home use game i can't see those flippers getting worn out.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Pascal replied back to ebay and quoted the following:

Total cost for 2 PI-SIM boards + shipment (airmail registered not insured no tracking) to Canada would be US$185 or CAN$190
Total cost for 3 PI-SIM boards + shipment (airmail registered not insured no tracking) to Canada would be US$265 or CAN$270

I can see the point about this being not as effective in a home environment but I wouldn't mind a little less noise when playing my TSPP. I will find out how we wishes to proceed if we are serious and buy direct to save him from being gouged by ebay. Will keep you guys updated and send me a PM if you are interested and want to get in on the group buy.

tastef

Feb 16, 2013
Quebec city

Revieved the board this morning.
It took max 5 minutes to install everything and it works great.
Very easy installation....
I love my TSPP quiet like it is now.
Plus, when the ball hits the pop bumpers 2 flashing white LED's illuminate the backglass nuclear towers, great affect.
Both fonctions (upper flippers and BG tower ilumination) can be turned off with a dip switch on the board.

I really think it's worth it......

Attachments

• IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,432

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON

mwong168 said:
I can see the point about this being not as effective in a home environment but I wouldn't mind a little less noise when playing my TSPP. I will find out how we wishes to proceed if we are serious and buy direct to save him from being gouged by ebay. Will keep you guys updated and send me a PM if you are interested and want to get in on the group buy.

You got a 3rd TSPP?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

brewmanager said:
You got a 3rd TSPP?

I posted that when I had my TSPP #2 which I traded away last Friday. So for those interested in this mod I think luch will take lead an organize. Perhaps those that are interested should say so we can form an official list.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

yeah that's right . I would still like to hear from tastef about total cost for one , and then see what price for 4-10 units , but i am in for one , and i know nics135 is in for one and superjacket . so let me know??????????