• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

CPC 2013 Rollcall !!!

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I went ahead and pre-registered. I've never played any of these games other than WCS so I'm hoping that a couple people might be able to point out a few basic strategies! Hope to see lots of you guys there!

I'm not really expecting much from myself as far as posting scores is concerned. Mostly I'm looking forward to being exposed to more games that are in good condition.

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
bstock said:
I went ahead and pre-registered. I've never played any of these games other than WCS so I'm hoping that a couple people might be able to point out a few basic strategies! Hope to see lots of you guys there!

If you have the time to invest, the pinball archive is a gigantic resource.
http://pinball.org/index.php

Check out the tutorial and rule sheet sections.

Here's one for The Shadow, a game we will be playing at CPC

http://pinball.org/videos/tutorials/the-shadow/

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
*Bump*

Just a reminder for the Canadian Pinball Championships happening this weekend.
I know people are coming from GTA, Peterpatch, Montreal and hopefully from all over!

Heading over to setup tonight and contribute a game for the competition.
Will bring my kids back over tomorrow and Saturday to compete and enjoy!

Hopefully there will be some great fundraising done towards Sick Kids Hospital!

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Went by twice today... AWESOME event. The venue is excellent. Nice and bright and open and good temperature. hot food available. Not a dingy church basement that I was expecting, more like a community centre.

Well done to all those involved and the volunteers.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I'm a lightweight :).

Well, Adam, if you have time, can you explain how the playoffs work? If I end up qualifying I will come back. Do I pay again for those?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
yes if you qualify you play again in a final, kinda like topl with groups of 3 or 4 but the points are 4,2,1,0

but given the fact you are already 12th, I don't think you'll make the cut unless you keep trying.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Well, I believe my ranking is affected because I focused on 6 games, so I have a bunch of zeros. Other people above me played on more games. So we'll see what happens when the scores get corrected tomorrow.

Anyhow, whatever happens, I had fun today, brought my kids, was a good time, so thanks.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Well, if I look at the ranking of the 6 games I played, they are:

which averages to a 4th place. I think I need a top 10 for playoffs? Obviously points scored are different from ranking, but it's what I've got at the moment. Well, if it works out for me in the shakeout, I will be there.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
The online standings page is awesome.

I realized something.... as I watch my rank drop, I guess there's a disadvantage with playing early. You're giving people all weekend time to try and beat your scores. If I wasn't on the list, I'd be one less person on the leaderboard, since people are motivated to push up the ranks.

If you skip the first day, and play on the second, and got decent scores, there would be less time for anyone to do anything about it.

Anyhow, just an observation as I hang onto 10th position in B division :).

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Ah so you're the guy I'm gunnin' for... Fun event! But I agree it might have been a better idea to wait until saturday. I did like how there wasn't much waiting yesterday though.

Good luck to everyone!
Ben

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Great tournament so far.

My kids had such a good time yesterday, they asked me to bring them back today!

Well done to everyone organizing and helping!

Kaboom from here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>