• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Allentown 2014

Dbeeson

Nov 18, 2012
Toronto
My buddy Glenn and I are heading down in his van... Gonna try to convince him we should bring a trailer with us. It would be good to hang out with some of you, since I've only met a few of you. Perhaps a Friday night get together is in order?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Seems a lot of Canadian "buyers" heading down.
Frankly, I'm a bit surprised given then exchange and HST combined this year.

I should've taken greater advantage of the parody of the dollar last year :(

Either way though, still looking forward to a great show and hanging out with everyone!

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Hoping my passport comes in this week. Seriously considering making the trek too. Would be great to meet all you fine folks in person!

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Open your wallets boys, this beauty will be there for sale...

Did Williams Fan get his already?

ajyturyr.jpg

Dbeeson

Nov 18, 2012
Toronto
DRANO said:

Either way though, still looking forward to a great show and hanging out with everyone!

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Drano? You not "buying" anything this year? Guess I'll be doing all the YUUUPs! :p

But seriously, it's not that bad considering machines I want seem impossible to find around here at ANY price. I've already bought a nice TSPP (not CQ of course) and that'll run me 4k Canadian all said and done. I don't think I'll be finding one of those anywhere around here for close to that.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Dbeeson said:
DRANO said:

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Drano? You not "buying" anything this year? Guess I'll be doing all the YUUUPs! :p

But seriously, it's not that bad considering machines I want seem impossible to find around here at ANY price. I've already bought a nice TSPP (not CQ of course) and that'll run me 4k Canadian all said and done. I don't think I'll be finding one of those anywhere around here for close to that.

Cool Dan!

Did you get that from a pinsider?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Dbeeson said:
DRANO said:

Yeah. My want list is VERY short and, I have about 6 keeper pins and pre-orders in the queue that currently do not have a slot in the home collection. I need to make some room.

Just going for the fun of it... But you never know ;)
Came close to picking up TwilightZone's HUO Interflip Dragon posted on Pinside , but I was too late.

$4K for a routed TSPP seems about right. Nicer examples are in the $5K range.
I guess the trick is in finding them when you want them.

Dbeeson

Nov 18, 2012
Toronto
tkaye said:
Cool Dan!

Did you get that from a pinsider?

I did! It happened to be Marvin, the guy who puts on the Ohio show. I played the crap out of it when Glenn and I went down earlier this year. I was admiring how nice the condition of it was. There's some marker on the cab but it's not that bad.
DRANO said:
$4K for a routed TSPP seems about right. Nicer examples are in the $5K range.
I guess the trick is in finding them when you want them.

Yes, indeed the trick is finding them period. I've been very active in trying to find a nice one for well over 6 months now. If I could buy a 4k "Nice example" and already shopped routed TSPP I'd buy a truckload.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Dbeeson said:
Yes, indeed the trick is finding them period. I've been very active in trying to find a nice one for well over 6 months now. If I could buy a 4k "Nice example" and already shopped routed TSPP I'd buy a truckload.

The last two HUO TSPP that sold locally went for $5100 and $5700 so I think you did well Dan.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Dbeeson said:

Awesome that you arranged to buy something you really want before you even get down there! Kind of eliminates any question marks. I've had no luck doing the same trolling FS/LF Allentown posts on Pinside.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
DRANO said:
Hammerhead said:
Which "Expo" are you referring to - Michigan or Chicago?

Theres only one EXPO! ;)

I have not been to the Michigan show

I've been to both (actually all three if you are counting PPE as well)

and Drano's correct there is only one EXPO ... (mind you PPE was an awesome show and definitely was in the same league) MPE is a much smaller show but still a good time.

Dbeeson

Nov 18, 2012
Toronto
Rob, I bet you'll find something you really want when you're down there. I just happened to luck out with TSPP, and the fact that I played it a bunch and it's from a reputable guy is a big plus.

Hope to run into you down there bud.

Squid - are you going down? I can't remember if I asked you on Friday.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Dbeeson said:
Rob, I bet you'll find something you really want when you're down there. I just happened to luck out with TSPP, and the fact that I played it a bunch and it's from a reputable guy is a big plus.

Hope to run into you down there bud.

Squid - are you going down? I can't remember if I asked you on Friday.

Hey Dan

Can't make the trip this year (which is too bad as it seems a huge number of folks are making the trip)

Looking forward to the stories ... and seeing how many pins get re-settled north of the border ! :D :D