• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Williams Lucky Ace

Hey guys,

Figured I'd post my latest project as I'm stuck and should probably just stick to artwork lol..

On start of a game, all goes well, counts down 5 balls, counts up to 5, credit comes out, stepper does it's "thang" then....

Bonus relay just keeps givin'er, and a coil in the head keep firing...
All signs say theres a switch being activated somewhere on the PF, but I cant seem to find which one after checking them all...

Also, the 1000 point light lights up while the bonus relay solenoid is firing, bonus stepper seems to move up one place..
Any thoughts are appreciated as always!

Thanks

R.

McMean

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough
Hey Murrsky! Delight world, EM repair, eh? :)

- stuck switch - check again.. sorry, that's not an insult, but sometimes despite looking, the problem is still there

- stepper 'zero switch' not functioning properly or dirty. The stepper likely has switch that gets active (opened or closed) when the stepper gets to zero. It might not be doing it's job, so the stepper won't stop counting

- is there a 'Bonus' relay in the bottom of the cab? It might have a stuck switch and so when it pulls in it won't stop pulling in

My guesses are in order of likelihood to me... if I were a betting man. Check the stepper and for a bonus relay first, will be fastest and easiest to check.

As for the stuck pf switch, I'd suggest cutting up a Kleenex box into 1/4" slivers, and sticking a sliver into every switch on the PF, bottom and top. Takes time, but then you can eliminate switches as you pull the slivers. Take all the plastics off the PF so you can see better.

Good luck dude!!

Daniel

LOL! not an insult at all man, i'm still quite new to this hobby and always learning for sure...

Ya, I gave up on the project and sold it to the next dude to enjoy, the best part was when I fired it up to show him and the damn game fully worked lol

I just said "well man, you're getting a better deal now, good luck with this touchy bitch" :lol: