• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Transformers Pro vs. LE - Opinions Please

juandylan

Nov 18, 2012
Thorold
I'm interested in picking up a Transformers and have feelers out on both a Pro and an LE. I like the theme and I have played some games on the LE. Looking for opinions from others who have played both the Pro and LE on which is better and why. The price difference between the two is $1000, with the Pro having a shaker, upgraded speakers and sub + full led's.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Buy the TF Pro for sure and this coming from someone who owns the LE.

The LE's are a waste of money, the poorly implemented toys on the playfield make the overall gameplay worse on the machine as opposed to better. The ironhide mini PF is a chore to play and pointless at best.

I do like the Starscream toy but only wish it was implemented more often and used it a much better fashion.

TF as a game is ok, it's nothing spectacular but it's not the worst game out there, I've been finding myself playing mine again more lately since the most recent code update as it has made the wizard mode a more attainable goal.

But for the money I'd say your are better off buying any number of other Sterns (Tron, ACDC, TSPP, LOTR, IM, etc, etc) they all make better playing games and are priced similarly in the Pro category.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
juandylan said:
Why do you say "lesser of two evils"?

I don't like the game in general but I'm a little biased as I thought the movies were terrible (and I'm a long-time TF fan)

Theme aside though, I just find the gameplay on the LE to be much more of a chore than on the Pro. The pro seems to flow better to me..

That said, pro or LE, the playfield itself seems to be a "shotgun" style of design.. basically, throw a bunch of stuff at the PF and see what sticks kinda thing.

juandylan

Nov 18, 2012
Thorold
Thanks for the feedback guys. Other Sterns are certainly an option (already have IM and AC/DC) with Tron and XM being at the top for me.

Everyone seems to think the Pro is a better option for TF based mostly on flow and the negativity towards the Ironhide playfield. I like my games to be fast and to have flow.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
juandylan said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Other Sterns are certainly an option (already have IM and AC/DC) with Tron and XM being at the top for me.

Everyone seems to think the Pro is a better option for TF based mostly on flow and the negativity towards the Ironhide playfield. I like my games to be fast and to have flow.

Tron would be a good choice ... heck I think Brock still has one for sale NIB