• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Proposed NF Pin "Museum"

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...or-Upcoming-MUSEUM-PROJECT-W0QQAdIdZ473464867

I was wondering if anyone had details about this Milton, Ontario-based ad about a proposed "museum project" opening up in Niagara Falls in 2015-- where the "museum" will be located, who is backing it, if it’s a reality...etc.

NF is my hometown and would obviously love to see a place like this open up. But growing up, I've seen my fair share of grandiose "tourist attraction" ideas come and go...mostly go without realization (Doug Henning and Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's floating theme park being one of the most "interesting"). A place like this may just work in an area based on gaming (gambling) and kitsch, depending on the physical location of the arcade/museum itself (IMHO).

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
That's an ongoing scam.. they started doing that a couple of years ago and stopped for a bit, but looks like they're back at it. It's about as legit as the "will remove old pinball games FOR FREE!!!1!" ads.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
I was thinking to myself that Newfoundland was an odd place for a pinball museum....

Never thought of the Falls as an acronym. Live and learn....

(another really useful post!)

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Mike Hanley said:
hahahahahahahha. very good!

Actually if y'all want to go to a pinball museum, you should check out Mike Hanley's "Church of the Silver Ball". He's got a huge collection of rarities in there.. many prototype games. The place is a very cool piece of history.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
spiroagnew said:
Please excuse the misleading "NF" shorthand...must be a regional thing leftover from growing up in the area!

Nothing to apologize for, Rob. Like I said, live and learn.

Back to work - got IPRC meetings this week, gotta prepare LST notes and IEP updates....

I hate acronyms.