• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Playdium in Brantford

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
On Hwy 24. Just north of Hwy 403 there's a new restaurant called Wacky Wing that has a Playdium Amusment section. The place has the typical redemption ticket games, but near the backwall their was 2 pinball machines. xmen LE and a transformers desepticon. The place looks pretty cool. Lots of beer on tap (maybe 20 kinds) it kinda has the feel of moose wanooski's, lots of wood decor, a giant moose in the lobby, ect.

They have a token card. $20 for 100 tokens. Pinball was 4 tokens a game. The card doesn't expire so now I have an excuse to stop next week when work takes me there. The $50 card had 300 tokens loaded on it. And if you play the redemption games the tickets load on to your card automatically. I don't know if it like that to much. It used to like having the machine spit out hundereds of tickets, ....just to go cash them in for some shitty prize.

It was my 1st time on an Xmen LE. It looked like the playfield was signed behind the right flipper in gold ink. JDM I think was scribbled there. The game played great. I was there for almost an hour, racking up a couple free games.

I only played a couple games on transformers, didn't reall pay close attention to it, but it also looked great.

Hopefully they get more pins, and switch them up in time.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
That's a bit disappointing actually because I was planning on going tonight. I was thinking there would be a few more pins than that. Any good arcade games?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
The usual. Golden tee, big buck hunter HD, quite a few different shooter games, a pirate shooter, a horror shooter, maybe a terminator shooter. Their was plenty of cool games, some I've never seen before.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
There was some driving games too. I think they were motorcycle racing and snowmobile racing. I didn't spend much time looking around.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Luckydogg420 said:
It was my 1st time on an Xmen LE. It looked like the playfield was signed behind the right flipper in gold ink. JDM I think was scribbled there. The game played great. I was there for almost an hour, racking up a couple free games.

John Borg. :)

The Wacky Wings brand is partly owned by Starburst. The one here in Mississauga is where all the launch parties are held.

It's a little surprising that they'd throw LE pins on location. It's a good indicator of how well those games are selling..

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I actually made it to whacky wings twice this weekend. It's better than I expected. I'm surprised Brantford got something that nice. I'm curious to see how it will hold up after a few months once it's no longer the new place in town. It would be nice for some more pins but it's better than the no pins we had before haha. Friday both were working good but Saturday the transformers was stuck in ball search mode all night. It was a bit disturbing playing golden tee and having the server bring us wings though, I can only imagine what the trackball (and every other game) will feel like after a few months of grimey chicken wing hands all over them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I was there on saturday as my wife wanted to go to the movies. I found X-men to be a pain (with all the magnets) but the transformers had a pretty low threshold for free games so it wasn't too bad at all. Now if a large draft wasn't $12......

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
Wow! A Brantford thread. I love my home town! I left in '96 for school and stayed here in Windsor but am always home visiting my mom and the rest of my family. I will have to check this place out on my next visit….

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I stopped in last Thursday and the dirty x-men is gone, and a nice new Walking dead is in its place.

I enjoy Twd more then xmen, and a clean game is always more fun then dirty one

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I was actually in there this weekend as well. I've gone quite a bit more than I was expecting over the last year. I'm also surprised by how busy it still is in there. I kind of wish they kept xmen and got rid of transformers. Transformers is constantly loosing balls. Almost every time I play it the game gets stuck and most of the times when I am there it's in ball search mode. The pins are pretty good bang for buck there though compared to the other games. With the match and replay I can usually play for quite a while on just a couple swipes of the card. TWD plays nice but it has a fairly substantial tilt to the right on it. Not enough to not play it but enough. I was able to put up my initials on TWD but I'm still trying to figure the game out so I'm sure it's nothing to brag about :cool: