• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball - Behind The Scenes - The Offline World

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Well, I wrote what I thought was a great story to post here today.
Been working on it for a long while. Talk about "rare" pinball machines,
acquisitions, pinball history + prices and km's traveled while enjoying my fun "hobby".

(It now seems to be the wrong day to me to post that full story) I have to rethink it.

I don't like the "price police" on anything. It is a free market society that we still live in.
By the same token, I have owned about 125 pins in just over 30 months. (I've paid market prices)
I will be back down to around 50 pins by Christmas. Never posted an ad FS. (I've sold at market prices)

(I thank all my friends and collectors and buyers/sellers that I have met in person for that) Thank you.

I have sold and traded approx. 75 pins among (collectors and friends only) in this hobby in that
timeframe. Most from ON + QC and 26 came from the US, where I paid full 13% tax + 12% US $ exchange
rate currently (or current rate) on every one of those pins. My story is very public knowledge, so are my actions.

(I would think to conduct my actions appropriately with everyone, and would hope not to cast judgment ever, before I met and
knew ayone first or before forming or stating an opinion on what I may possibly know or not; from reading a screen or typing on a keyboard)

I was reminded today why I don't post ads for my pins anywhere, and I sell pins to only those I know.
I understand this has been a very (rare and unheard) of privilege. I don't expect that to continue forever.
Much along recent "Thank-you" thread lines, I thank everyone for selling me pins and buying pins from me, and with me.

(It has been a great journey, and I hope and expect that it will continue to be a longer and greater journey in the years to come)

Let's not make "online" assumptions about each other.
Especially those we have not yet met and do not yet know.
More another day. Cheers. Salut. All the very best my friends.

(Let's play pinball. Keep those flipper's flipping)

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
So, pretty much all of the incoming movements for video games for myself are done for the rest of the year, after today. (At least the longer trips are)
7 vids came in today, and over the next few weeks likely 5-10 vids will move out before Christmas holidays. Most will move locally here and there among friends, but after I tell a small story like this one, you never know.

Many thanks to Ancient Games and McMean for all of the leg work on this "end of the season run". Thank you gentlemen. Much appreciated. You guys rock!

Incoming today were:

Centi/milli cabaret - (or mini) - whichever terminology is correct
Defender - dedicated Williams
Popeye - dedicated Nintendo
60-1 - Centi cabaret cab.
412-1 - Williams cab.
60-1 cocktail cab.
Williams 19 vid.

Oh, and a project Sure Shot came along with the journey as well.
It really was a "hitch hiker" that was on a different trip, but it fit.

Outgoing are 3 Nintendo "ninny" cabs. custom designed + repro'd by Drano.
They need to be put together over the winter. 2 will return to me in the spring.

Also incoming is an "original" dedicated Robotron as well. (It is already at my work shop warehouse)

There will still be some movement between my storage unit, my shop and my house for these vids in upcoming weeks.
A few vids may be available and potentially be up for grabs if anyone is interested; and some may move to friends homes nearby.

Star Wars (vector) upright, Star Wars (vector) cockpit, Star Wars Trilogy cockpit, Asteroids, Time Crisis II (double unit) and Rygar (Williams cab) round out the original vids now.
XXXX-1 mame, 412-1 mame, 412-1 (project) mame, 138-1 upright and a 138-1 tabletop round out the multi's. PGA Tournament Golf and Golden Tee Complete 2005 round out the golf games.
There are also Bermuda Triangle and Loose Change redemption machines which also are present and I really should find new homes for them; as I have decided that redemptions are not my thing.

So, I am not sure what the video game count is, but I think it is all here listed above. Just like my pinball collection, a few of the above list should go to leave room for the rest. Not sure what just yet.

In summary, the video games incoming movements all needed to take place before the weather becomes even more "winterish". Vids are easier to move in open trailers, and the pins can still move more easily in a mini-van or a cube van in the upcoming journey's in the next few weeks.

(Drano and I intend to go to Ottawa on Nov.14 and Montreal for the 14th-15th) Size of vehicle used for travel will depend on everyone's requirements in the next week or so. Vids could travel, in more limited quantities...

Pinball machines will definitely be moving in quantity between the GTA - Ottawa - Montreal on Nov.14-15. (space may still be available)

More soon.
Cheers.

Back to pinball for he next story.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I keep wondering if I am capable of writing a short post...
Chapter 100 can not yet be told. (See Tales of Pinball on maaca) Drano and I travel to Ottawa-Montreal-Toronto next week.
The tale may end, but I will keep up with these random posts... (while you are all still reading)

So, lots on the go behind the scenes, pins are moving all over the place, but most are not my stories to tell.

What I will say is this. Drano and I travel next week from Thursday through Sunday with a cube van to the biggest 3 cities
in central Canada. Heart of Ontario, Heart of Quebec and Heart of the Nation. Substitute "heart" for "big metropolis" if you prefer.

The heart of this "nation" has always seemed to me to be "between somewhere and somewhere else".
"Not a destination, not a place, but a journey followed by a tale"...

And I do miss our coasts, all 3 of which I have "lived (in/on) for a few days at least several times at"...
Once upon a time...

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
On deck for myself...

FOR TRADE or SALE:

EM's
Jungle King (Wedgehead Gottlieb) - add-a-ball (very uncommon in Canada)
Sure Shot (Wedgehead Gottlieb) - plays well and needs a new bg, cab is meh, pf good

SS's

Vector (maybe) - I like it a whole lot but it isn't quite Fathom or Centaur
EFLTW - I like it but I have 33 SS pin's and too many are folded currently

*edit* 10 pins off the top of my head that can go, because there are others that need my attention.

Vid's

And, there are vids that can move as well possibly. Free transport between and around the big
triangle if you are buying or trading a pin with me or from me.

Cheers.
Salut.

More soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.