• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Interest Check - Pinball / Man Show in Waterloo

ThunderStorm

Jan 2, 2013
Waterloo
Hey,

Just going to be having a meeting with a big tradeshow company here in the region in the next couple weeks, and i wanted your input.

We did a "man show" last weekend, and for the most part it went over pretty good, it was very small tho because it was our first show, but the one thing i noticed is, guys have a short attention span, so they just ran around the floor quick, looked at the booths that caught their interest, then left. there was nothing there to hold their interest.

So then i started thinking, why not do one focused around pinball/games/mancaves? as like allentown or the ohio show, but with a wider range of vendors.

Having a big free play area (would anyone be interested in bringing games for a freeplay area? same sort of deal, bring a game, get free admission all weekend, and feel free to post a price on your game if you want to sell it)

I think the free play area will keep everyones attention, and get them to visit the vendors more, bring in people like Cointaker, Marco, maybe some other's related to this hobby, but also bring in some Beer / Wine / Liquor companies to do samples, show off their stuff

Bring in some motorcycle companies, some sporting things, and maybe find some antique guys who sell old signs people could use in their gamerooms, as well as maybe some companies who do basement reno's?

Like i said right now it's just a blue sky type idea, but i'd like to get people's responses / information so i can put together a better plan to present

Also, if there could be an actual professional pinball tournament there as well, that could bring in some more people, (Adam i'm looking at you) if this would be possible,

So let me know if this is of interest, what other vendors you would like to see (not just pinball, anyone) and also if you would be willing to come to it in the Kitchener/Waterloo area (figured between london and toronto it's a good fit)

Thanks guys i really appreciate this

Eric

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Off the top I don't think you'd see Marco north of the border .. as far as I know Cointaker is pretty much the only US dealer that has come to the Cdn shows. You might want to try some of the folks that do the Zoo/MPE. The idea of a show is cool .. try talking with Brock & co as you don't want to run into the issues that the Zoo/MPE have had in running over each others dates.

ThunderStorm

Jan 2, 2013
Waterloo
Glad to hear it, i'll add it to the list of things we can possibly do, glad to have you on board.

Any idea of what other suppliers would venture into canada for a show? cointaker said they would give it a try, know of anyone else?