• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Fathom

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Playfield looked alright as did back glass and plastics… cabinet looked pretty rough… congrats to the buyer, wonder what their max was… I was high earlier in the afternoon $2,750 and forgot about it

ranman2001

May 21, 2018
Ontario
The maxsold site was erroring out as I was bidding, guess I should have went higher instead of 50 at a time at the end. Oh well, was mainly interested because it was around the corner from my house, congrats to the winner.

System-J

May 10, 2018
Toronto
Just sold for $3,400 * 1.18 * 1.13 so $4,533.56 for a fathom… not horrible
Exactly, that's exactly what I paid. Right after I bought it, (and I was like $300 away from my max), I thought, oh no, what kind of project is this going to be. Especially when I heard the guy didn't have the keys after contacting him. But it's in really nice shape. Boards are clean, backglass is M I N T. I didn't expect to win it. I ended up spending a whole day getting it.
He knew it was worth more, but he was a good guy about it. I bet he would've got more if he posted pics of the boards and back of the backglass.
Happy to have won it though, I played this last at the Budapest Flipper museum. One of the few game I played more than once.
Plus, it has a beautiful mural mural on the bottom:
20240420_093145.jpg
...not sure why the pic is sideways, it's correct in my gallery.

Looks like the same one from a recent Facebook ad Must have gotten pulled when they got a lot of replies.
He did seem to be annoyed about dealing with people online. He didn't mention he had this up on FB marketplace though. How much was the guy asking for it?

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Congrats! Glad to hear it is in good shape, you did well! Fathom was the first game I bought back in 2002 from a fellow in St. Catherines so not too far from where you grabbed this!

System-J

May 10, 2018
Toronto
Congrats! Glad to hear it is in good shape, you did well! Fathom was the first game I bought back in 2002 from a fellow in St. Catherines so not too far from where you grabbed this!
I wonder if it was the same guy. He said he had owned a few over the years.
Still looking for a Fathom.
I don't even have it setup yet; I'm punishing myself for buying too many pins. I have to sell at least 2 games of mine before I set it up.
I figure in a couple years I'm going to have to make a decision between selling it or my stars, which I never seem to get sick of. Sorry though, I wasn't getting this to flip, and I'm really looking forward to getting it up and playing.