• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Entering the USA

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
The latest news sounds like the US border will be open to Canadians by November 8th. Canadians fully vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna, or a combination of the two, will be allowed to cross with no additional proof of a negative COVID test.

Returning to Canada, you will still need a proof of a negative COVID test within 72-hours of returning to Canada. If your time in the US is less than 72-hours (i.e. day trips), you can have the test done in Canada before you leave.

This is my understanding of the latest rules, can anyone verify if this is correct?

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
What about us Astra/Pfizer combo Guinee pigs? Can we enter the US without any additional proof? What does the test cost in Canada? I heard from a friend that just returned from Las Vegas that the test in the US for the Canadian customs was $140US per person.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
What about us Astra/Pfizer combo Guinee pigs? Can we enter the US without any additional proof? What does the test cost in Canada? I heard from a friend that just returned from Las Vegas that the test in the US for the Canadian customs was $140US per person.
I understand that the guinea pigs are eligible to enter as well.

Tests are $140 - $170 USD I've heard.
Thanks, I guess those cheap 3 day $400CDN all inclusive trips to Vegas are a thing of the past.