• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB EM part needed

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Hi everyone. I need the nylon collar for the plunger used in the stepper coils in my Bally Wizard. Hoping someone has some spare parts kicking around or knows where I can get one of these.

This is what it looks like.

6136a32605e67ddfb843d320a4c23b09.jpg
7665298e2ee6fc6d4bab8a1fd1bdd9ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that nylon ring exists to prevent metal-on-metal contact between the metal plunger and the metal sleeve inside the coil. If you just replaced the metal coil sleeve with a nylon coil sleeve, it would make that part redundant. That assumes the stepper coil in question will take a common sized nylon sleeve (and that you can remove the metal sleeve from the coil itself, they tend to be tricky to remove...).

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
That's right Rob, prevents the metal on metal. I've actually found the part. Bally part number C-342. I've discovered that they were used in flipper mechs of Bally machines in the 60's, so I will be able to get this part. Pinball resource had them, and I think Marco as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk