• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

avengers problems

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
any other avengers owners having these same problems?

a local bar just got an avengers. pretty sweet eh. or is it? this was new out of the box. a line in the dmd on the right stayed on most of the time. i also just picked u an avengers and mine has the same problem. can this be software? or 2 dmd's have same problem with what looks like the same line? bizarre? the bar avengers has so many probs they took it out a week later to put in the shop for repairs. the ball drain would not register all the time, the ball lock sensor (at least one) would not register so the ball would just sit in the lock till the ball timed out. then would send up another ball. this let to machine confusion. also the ball would get stuck between the plastic just before the lock sensors so you had to wrench the machine to get the ball down to the sensor that would not register. also the ball search would not find the ball if stuck in the lock. the post would drop for a millisecond. not near enough time for the ball to get by. the bar avengers' ramp actually worked very well. mine was impossible. i had to bend the thing down hardcore to get it to work. in my avengers if you are playing a 2 player game and player 1 locks a ball, player 2 can short plunge and get a 2 ball multiball. that is not right. hopefully a new code fixes this. on mine there is a 1/4 inch space between the ball and the plunger and getting the ball to the top is iffy. can this be adjusted? it does suck. one other thing i don't like is when you hit the mystery award (forget the dudes name) you rarely get to see what award you get because if there is something else going on on the dmd then that takes priority so you hardly get to see what award you received. i know of one other guy that has the same ramp difficulty. im pretty sad about all these probs especially out of the box but now that i got the ramp working and put the settings to medium (rather the factory hard) im starting to really dig the game. just need my plunger to work and the multiball glitch to be fixed and ill be happier!

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
I have a HULK and love mine. The only issue I have had is the ball will sometimes get stuck under Hulk's arm and the Thor targets. Other than that, no DMD issues or anything. I LOVE this game.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Call Stern Mike and ask for a replacement display under warranty.

Their customer service is excellent so I'll bet they replace it.