• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FT 1996 Williams Congo

KilaOhm

Nov 20, 2022
Barrie ON
Hey all, just gauging a bit of interest. Is anybody looking to maybe trade straight up for a newer stern. I’d be willing to add some cash on my end, especially for a premium model. Defects are noted in pics. More pics or vids on request. Try before you buy if you’d like.

The good:
-Plays as it should
-Playfield is near perfect
-New rubbers and LEDs
-Blade and back box art (not sure what to call it. I don’t mean the translite.)
-Colour DMD
- Cliffys on 2 of 3 saucers
-At some point TNT Amusements had their hands on the game. (Not really a pro just an interesting fact I guess)

The Bad:
- Cabinet art faded is sun faded on one side
- Cabinet art is scuffed on the front left side and been painted over in black
- Small scuff on the “A” on the playfield. Other than that the playfield is perfect.
- flipper plastic interrupter on right flipper is weak causing the flipper to delay when held. I fixed it with an elastic band and it works perfectly well. But it is a defect so I’m mentioning it. A new one costs $3.00 usd on Marco specialties. I’ll probably just order one but in the mean time that is the state of the machine.

I’m in Innisfil, Ontario

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0053.jpeg
    IMG_0053.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0051.jpeg
    IMG_0051.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0047.jpeg
    IMG_0047.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

KilaOhm

Nov 20, 2022
Barrie ON
What sort of value would you place on your Congo as it is? Say in terms of a Pinside reference in USD?
According to Pinside it’s worth between $6300-7300 USD with the average sale being around $6800. I know mine isn’t perfect. It has the blemish on the playfield and cabinet. But it also has some extras like cliffys, colour dmd and blade and speaker art and the game plays well. Without really knowing what’s been selling I guess I’d say somewhere between $6300 and $6500 USD. If I’m basing it on pinside alone. Which I think in the ball park of what pinside is saying most stern pros are. Am I out to lunch?

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Market has softened quite a bit, hard to say what the value is these days, if it is a ColorDMD that helps with the value for sure, if it is a PIN2DMD, still a great upgrade, but not the same cash value as a ColorDMD... imo. I think Congo is a fun game, GLWT!

KilaOhm

Nov 20, 2022
Barrie ON
Market has softened quite a bit, hard to say what the value is these days, if it is a ColorDMD that helps with the value for sure, if it is a PIN2DMD, still a great upgrade, but not the same cash value as a ColorDMD... imo. I think Congo is a fun game, GLWT!
I understand the market has softened which is why I’m looking to trade rather than sell. Presumably if pinside says my machine is of equal value as a stern pro model than the fluctuation in the market should have little relevance as I’d think they’d move together. It is a PIN2DMD just to clarify.