• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Your New Favourite LED Company: Comet LED

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
http://www.cometpinball.com

Just a quick post to thank and recommend Arthur and Comet Pinball for excellent service, fast shipping and a great product. I know the jury is split on this board about LED use, but I personally like the look of a subtly LED’d game and tinker a lot with colour-matched GI, backbox and insert lighting. With the market being inundated with LED companies, I say Comet stands tall above all others. Not only does Art carry all your standard bulbs, he’s got some innovative stuff found nowhere else and the seems to always have something new in development. Even considering the discount codes offered by other LED providers, I find Comet pricing to be on par, if not better. And what other company will personally call (on the TELEPHONE WHAT?!?) to thank you and shoot the breeze about pinball an hour after you have submitted your online order? I think that’s Art’s old school approach to business shining through. Its nice to have that personal touch.

My go-to bulb is Comet’s 1-SMD (surface mount diode) with the no-ghost option (http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050ng.htm). The no-ghost Ablaze LEDs from Pinball Life did not work at all for me (ghosting/strobing still occurred). The 1-SMDs are bright, reliable, and eliminated all flicker. Also, you can’t beat the $0.89 per bulb price tag. Discounts for buying in bulk, just like all bulbs on the site.

I have yet to install the Quasar bulb (the brightest bulb Comet carries--http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2-5630smd.htm), but I grabbed a few to brighten up the back corners of the playfield. Also grabbed a few of the Ultimate Optix bulbs (http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux.htm) which are pricy, but when you absolutely positively must get rid of ghosting and strobing, apparently this is the bulb to have. On my next order, I will pick up a few of the socketed lighted strips (http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm). They look decent mounted near the ball trough and throw some light around the flipper area.

Another bonus, is that Art will ship via USPS across the border, which has the potential to save costly duties and UPS brokerage fees. My only criticism is that the Comet site is a little hard to navigate...but this kind of occurs on all LED websites because there are so many different bulbs available in so many colours and options. Comet has so many different options, your brain will definitely go into meltdown...good for someone who knows what to buy, bad for the LED beginner. Further, Comet does not sell LED kits, rather, it wants the customer to create their own unique looking machine. It’s a double edged sword...you’ll get your own customized LED look for your machine, but you’ll probably spend a lot more buying a bunch of different bulbs to see what looks the best!

Sounding a bit like an infomercial here, but I’ve had a few good experiences with Art’s product and I can’t say enough good things. I’ll stop gushing now. Order with confidence.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Thanks for the review. I've actually been putting together led lists for a few of my games and was going to post here to see if any of you guys have ordered from comet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Not sure his Canadian shipping prices, but we can definitely talk about doing a group order to my US address in the coming months as US shipping is free over $100US....and it doesn't take long to get to $100 let me tell you! There would be taxes at the border when I bring it across, but you are going to get that (almost) regardless with any significant order sent directly to your Canadian address.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Just did a test shopping basket with about $200 worth of product.
Shipping was under $14 direct to my door. Not bad at all!

OLDPINGUY

Apr 15, 2014
Florida
Greetings Guys!

I wanted to thank Rod, for bringing your Forum to my attention, and making this post.

I realize this is my first post here, and it is business related, so please excuse me for that.
Briefly, my name is Art Haber, and I have been in pinball as an addict for 41 years.
I started the bulbs formally, about 8 months ago, to help the Florida village guys save some money.
I am pleased that I have achieved this and more.

I am happy to help, hear your thoughts, and answer what I can... I am a good LED'er, an avid collector, an average player,
a good merchant and product development, but I have no electrical background....sorry.

You'll find a wide array of bulbs, and I actively scour the competition to ensure lower pricing, sometimes up to 63% less.

We definitely ship at cost, help with valuation, and gladly do bulk, or ship to the border...
As Rod mentioned, there are amazing new stuff, i have been creating....I know its seems confusing, but it is all about brightness and throw.

So the more light you want, and the brighter you want, there are now bulbs to do all this and more.

I welcome you to check the site out, and ask any questions....Hopefully you want find the site confusing...It is different, we find it efficient,
because you can order one bulb in all colors and bases, and lens from one page, rather then hunt and peck...We find it reduces order time from an hour to about 10 minutes from our competitors....

Anyways, I will try to pop my head on the board and say hello, I am mostly on Pinside, but I fear, Ill start telling you about the warm weather,
and fighting over Hockey!!!

Thanks for bearing with this post.....

Art
http://www.cometpinball.com

Help!!! It posted 3 times????

ShootAgain

Aug 6, 2013
Gatineau
Welcome to the board Art!
It always been a pleasure to deal with you. A great man behind a great product.

Buy with confidence guys!

Cheers

Robert

OLDPINGUY

Apr 15, 2014
Florida
Thanks for the Welcomes!!

I checked the board out, and its a Joy to see a tight group that cares about Pinball.
We have a similar gang on the Florida board...I like it that way, and feel its more about helping each other,
then the "business" it recently has become.

At some point, because I dont know how close some of you are to each other, or the logistics needed to help save you more,
under the concept of shipping to a US location, please would anyone let me know, if there is a way I can do my job better to help keep your costs
down.

Also, if there are any gatherings, and I can help that way, or run a revolution board sale, just for you guys, I hope someone would reach out,
and in that regard, just get things like flashers as a sale example, over to you.....I dont know if my friend Steve Martin is on the board here...he comes to Florida regularly, can be of help.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome, and happy to find a way to do the best possible for you guys.....

Art

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Thank you Art we very much appreciate your insight and aid in making our games look better for less!

We do take pride in our site here, very community-based without all the drama of other sites :)

I was milling around the idea in my brain to get more member-based discounts at supplier sites, I'll be in touch with you about that shortly

- Brock

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
OLDPINGUY said:
Thanks for the Welcomes!!

Also, if there are any gatherings, and I can help that way, or run a revolution board sale, just for you guys, I hope someone would reach out,
and in that regard, just get things like flashers as a sale example, over to you.....I dont know if my friend Steve Martin is on the board here...he comes to Florida regularly, can be of help.

Art

Art,

Steve isn't on here regularly but I did let him know when you first posted (I work with Steve and have known him for 20 some odd years) ... I can always get a hold of him if you need me to Art.

Cheers

Dan aka SquidV

OLDPINGUY

Apr 15, 2014
Florida
Thank You, Brock....Id be happy to chat about anything I can do.

Dan, do say Hi to Steve....When he is down, Heather and him stop by for eats and play...

My house is always welcome to anyone who comes to O-town, and needs a pinball fix!

I mentioned Steve, as I have shipped him in a way that helped costs, and didnt know how active he was, and if
that connection would help....

Going up with a limited amount to sell, is a sale on Pinside, for 2 LED Natural white for $.49 each, in a pack of 25....
10% (5% each is going to pinside, and 5% to Melinda, BlondeTall Humane Society, where she helps...

Happy to do things like this for Rev Board...
Inside secret, I dont do it for the Florida guys, they make me crazy not wanting to pay sales tax!!! Been through THAT audit!