• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Whoa Nellie assembly video

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Dennis Norman posted this video on pinside which was shot by JP DeWin

whoanellie02.jpg

WhizBang Playfield assembly Vimeo Video link

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
The game is beautiful...love that retro look. Now if only they could do this on a larger scale...

Nordman seems like a goofy down-to-earth guy--his game designs always reflect that he doesn't take himself or the business too seriously...which makes for a great game experience. In my opinion, his work with Stern is not his best....maybe because he was shoe-horned into Stern's "Pinball Is Serious Business" model?

Lots of ball busting going on in the video...a very relaxed environment to work in by the looks of it!

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
That game looks really fun. I'd buy one for the right price.

There is a big article in the pinball magazine on the design and build. They only made 4 machines, but they were very open to the idea of a mass produced game retailing for a couple grand (3k-4k), maybe by stern or jjp.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Luckydogg420 said:
That game looks really fun. I'd buy one for the right price.

There is a big article in the pinball magazine on the design and build. They only made 4 machines, but they were very open to the idea of a mass produced game retailing for a couple grand (3k-4k), maybe by stern or jjp.

I believe you can buy the playfield and backglass. Then you would simply need to find a donor game. The layout is based on a specific EM. I cann't recall which one, but I think it would be possible to "build" one yourself if you wanted.

I talked w/ Dennis at Expo when the games were first for sale. Really nice guy to talk with.They sold out right away as there were only 4 as you mentioned. At the time he was talking about producing a kit -- playfield and backglass basically. If I recall correctly, those were offered for sale. Not sure if they are still available, but worth a check.

Cheers,
Duane

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
TwilightZone said:
Then you would simply need to find a donor game. The layout is based on a specific EM. I cann't recall which one, but I think it would be possible to "build" one yourself if you wanted.

The donor game used is a 1957 Gottlieb Continental Cafe

image-11.jpg

wnbjm24.jpg