• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

VirtuaPin to be on route? It might happen

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I've been following a thread on pinside discussing video pinball. There's the regular back and forth banter about how great it is, or how horrible people think it is. Recently a couple posts caught my eye.

Pinballwizard79 said
I am certain we will see virtual pins on route some day.
All it takes is a coin op manufacturer to sign a deal with PinballFX for a few exclusive simple tables. There could be some with ass n titties or some with Bubble Guppies. I'm sure folks would put some money into em & TV's/PC's get cheaper every day.
They could secretly program it to be more forgiving the first 30 seconds of play & increase the level of difficulty every subsequent 30 seconds per ball in play. This way ops make money & players feel like they get a value vs time like on BBH or GT vids.

Then in response to this post Shakenbake from VPcabs said
Stay tuned

This makes me believe that a plan is in the works. There was talk a while ago on the hyperspin forums that had said farsight (The Pinball Arcade) had a VirtuaPin cabinet in their office. Although their not planning a full screen mode in their game any time soon but who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Also with the recent story about Stern being ok with video pinball, could they be working on a VPcab competitor? They could build them, they have the licenses in place already.

And now with the virtual game Timeshock being made in real life...could they build a virtual machine that plays all 5 of their tables.

Interesting stuff if you ask me.