• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TZ Price check

tastef

Feb 16, 2013
Quebec city
Hey guys.
I'm curious as to how much does an automotive clear coated (10 coats), collector quality TZ with a few mods on it is going for these days.
It also has a third magnet installed.

Thanks.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
luch said:
collector quality , 7k - 10k

Let's not get all pinside here luch :lol:

Adriano sold his really nicely restored (clear coated playfield) and I'm not sure if he re-did the cab decals or not but there was no fade that I could see. He also had very some very tasteful and hard to find mods installed too. He sold the game sold locally for $6800 at a time when I never seen a TZ fetch over $6000 in nice shape. Adriano is no HEP but his quality of work in my opinion is very close to it if you followed his WH20 last year which looks and plays amazing.

I think the highest I have seen at TZ sell was Pat01's which was not nearly as nice and sold for $5700-5800 I think. movingpictures will chime in and maybe share an image he posted last summer regarding the "flip" which sparked a lot of controversy on another forum :lol:

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
mwong168 said:
movingpictures will chime in and maybe share an image he posted last summer regarding the "flip" which sparked a lot of controversy on another forum :lol:

Pat01 listed this for $7200 on some lame forum after he bought it for $2300 a few weeks earlier from Alouette.
How do I know? I WAS THERE, before during and after the deal.
He later lowered his asking to $6800 (nice guy!).
Who knows what it actually sold for.

I'd like to personally thank Pat01 for mucking up the local market in Montreal.
Alouette quickly became wise to his "flips" by browsing Kijiji and lespac.
They immediately DOUBLED their asking prices on pins.
I've discussed the issue with Richard at Alouette who basically told me this guy Pat01 is crazy; but if he can list his pins for the moon, we will do the same.

THANKS PAT01 !!!!

:lol:

Attachments

• tz_poop.jpg
    tz_poop.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 884

tastef

Feb 16, 2013
Quebec city
mwong168 said:
luch said:
I think the highest I have seen at TZ sell was Pat01's which was not nearly as nice and sold for $5700-5800 I think. movingpictures will chime in and maybe share an image he posted last summer regarding the "flip" which sparked a lot of controversy on another forum :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys.

The highest I have seen is this HUO TZ.
http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=6849

I know the guy, it went for 7500$ to a guy from Ottawa.
And that was almost 2 years ago...... :eek:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
As Mike pointed out I sold mine for $6800, but the buyer decided to have me remove the rottendog driver board I installed so I knocked off $300.
It was totally done. Cabinet was all redone, playfiled as well (with 3rd magnet). Lots of very hard to find mods but tastefully done.
It had lots of new parts as well.

I would say $6500-$7000 for a restored and very clean example is the top end for this pin.
Not sure I'd want to have more than that into a TZ when a decent one can be had in the $4500-$5000 range.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
That TZ looks real nice to me.
Let me know when it's posted for sale. I'll see how I'm doing with that 3rd mortgage I applied for!
:)

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
from pictures , it looks very nice , worth every penny of 6k for it . there's one on pinside in minesota asking 5.7k just as nice , so then 6k is good price to pay

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
http://nh.craigslist.org/clt/3768653115.html

Bally Twilight Zone Pinball Machine - $3500 (Hudson NH)
Nice shape cabinet and Playfield. Works 100% w/ no credit dot. New LED clock board. A classic game from the golden age of pinball.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3768653115 Posted: 2013-04-26, 5:51PM EDT Edited: 2013-04-26, 5:51PM EDT email to a friend

yellowmustard

Nov 17, 2012
movingpictures said:
mwong168 said:
movingpictures will chime in and maybe share an image he posted last summer regarding the "flip" which sparked a lot of controversy on another forum :lol:

Pat01 listed this for $7200 on some lame forum after he bought it for $2300 a few weeks earlier from Alouette.
How do I know? I WAS THERE, before during and after the deal.
He later lowered his asking to $6800 (nice guy!).
Who knows what it actually sold for.

I'd like to personally thank Pat01 for mucking up the local market in Montreal.
Alouette quickly became wise to his "flips" by browsing Kijiji and lespac.
They immediately DOUBLED their asking prices on pins.
I've discussed the issue with Richard at Alouette who basically told me this guy Pat01 is crazy; but if he can list his pins for the moon, we will do the same.

THANKS PAT01 !!!!

:lol:

Hey Adam please be fair and tell all the story
Pat didn t FLIP the game as is!!!
he did touch up PF and clearcoated it!
new plastic sets
new coils and flippers rebuilt
new DMD
dismantled all assemblies, cleaned and and lot of stuff...
boards job
new coin door, legs...

this game was collector quality when he finished with it...
so he didn t sell a 2300$ ( even if he paid more for it...trust me) for double value the next day...
to be honnest i dont think he stole anybody and final sale price was 5500$!!!

it seems better than your version...no offense but we need to be honnest before blasting somebody
i dont win anything but that s what i know and the buyer is a member from here and is very happy with the Machine...so
just my 2 cents...

the difference is now that Richard wants to sell high price for container games without doing anything on them...and he doesn t need Pat to do that!!!

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
yellowmustard said:
Hey Adam please be fair and tell all the story

Ok, let me set up my time machine and begin travel into the past :!:

1) PAT01 scooped this from my friend by offering more money after the game was already sold.
PAT01 bought this TZ and ANOTHER TZ during the same deal, making for a total of 3 (he already had one to begin with).
It's exactly like that mode on the game: GREED

2) Yes, he worked on the game, which explains his asking price of $7200 :lol:

3) PAT01 has without a doubt, 100%, influenced the prices at Alouette.

yellowmustard said:
no offense but we need to be honnest before blasting somebody

Did I miss anything?