• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Two new Medieval Madness games hand built

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Some just posted this on pinside from Minnesota hand built two MM's from ground up without using any donor games like NBAFB. There are 3 MM shown here as he used one working original as a reference for his build.

156963-i.jpg

156973-i.jpg

156978-i.jpg

156984-i.jpg

More pics and details can be found here. I how much it cost him and if he was able to do it all for under $7995?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... -minnesota

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I have serious doubts that this is possible to pull off for under $7995. Even if you used a doner game it would be difficult, given the cost of new parts these days. Just starting with the obvious like brand new cab with decals, blank PF, full WPC boardset with DMD you're easily close to the $4K mark if not over. Then you start to add in ALL the PF parts, cabinet part and then wiring harness... you get the picture.

Sure would be fun though!

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Well, I know he started assembly 2.5 months ago, but depending when he actually had the idea and started buying up parts, MM may have still been a $12K-$15K game then.
Probably seemed like a good bet at that stage :FP:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
REVOLUTION said:
Yeah this is pretty cool, but with the remakes coming out now it seems kinda pointless. Bet he was pissed when those were announced. :D

It's like the $1.50 Hot Dog & Drink combo from Costco, it seemed like a good idea at the time but you regret tasting it for the rest of the day each time you burp :lol:

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I think on the pinside thread about building MMs months ago it was cost projected around $7k + labour, which would be an incredible amount of time. Even if you ended up with a $15k game i dont think the labour costs would make sense. And obivously it aint a $15k game anymore.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
frolic said:
I think on the pinside thread about building MMs months ago it was cost projected around $7k + labour, which would be an incredible amount of time. Even if you ended up with a $15k game i dont think the labour costs would make sense. And obivously it aint a $15k game anymore.

People who go this route of building a machine from ground up are not doing it to flip or from a ROI for their money and time. Instead it is more of a challenge and then a sense of accomplishment afterwards. This guy who built two these two MM even had this to say in the end:

So, in the end I will place one of the new games in my parents home for all of the grandkids to play, and the second new game in my home. The 3rd & original game I am seriously thinking of donating to a local charity to use in a raffle and raise funds for a good cause. I am excited for everyone who is ordering a new PPS MM game and I hope it is successful and works well.