• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Trying to Quit !

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Having trouble resisting the urge to buy more pinballs.

I just spoke with my advisor, and things aren't looking good:

Any tips on how to control the powerful inner voice?
What do you guys do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 378

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
With interest rates so low I built up some debt on the LOC for machines I wanted.

Now with the building on the way I'm powering down the debt so I have room to spend if something else comes up with the build.

It's been tough not buying anything new lately but I just keep thinking about what's ahead and that stay's my hand.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I started out writing this response in an attempt to offer som sage advice...
After erasing it 4 times I just gave up.

There is no cure :(

The best you can hope for is to set yourself a limit (ie. # of machines or the max $ value you are willing to have tied up in pins) and just stop when you hit it.
Then shift your acquisition routine to the strict rule of "one in, one out".

Good luck

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Available cash and/or space are the only limiting factors. Everything else can be worked around, including the wife factor...

If these two things do not hold you back, all hope is lost.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I've run out of space, now I'm looking for a new house. Sometimes you just have to give up :lol: .

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Space is my limitation and using the "one in, one out" rule but it is getting harder to part with some of my games because I like them a lot. I guess you can't have them all and no point in trying to quit. Everyone who I have ever introduced in this hobby always said they can stop at one and not one has been able to.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
pfft!
One didn't last me a week before I was jonesing for 2 and 3... :twisted:
Now my first NIB Tron is on Brock's truck for delivery tonight!
:lol:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
tkaye said:
pfft!
One didn't last me a week before I was jonesing for 2 and 3... :twisted:
Now my first NIB Tron is on Brock's truck for delivery tonight!
:lol:

Hope I get the assist in helping with your decision and I will start looking for #3 and #4.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I am trying to prove to myself, that after going on a buying binge, I can settle down for a while and enjoy what i've got.

I hope the acquisition is not more important than the playing. I'll know in about a month's time, since that was about the average of me picking up a new pin. We'll see how much the itch takes over. :lol:

Magneto

Nov 15, 2012
Laval,Que
I was doing fine till 2 months back , them BOOM!!!

5 come in....like WTF happened !!! :?

and now with Metallica coming out....must resist! :FP:

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON
REVOLUTION said:
Tell the wife that you're thinking of buying a pinball machine. That usually squashes the idea for me.

This also applies to me... Need to build up some goodwill/brownie points for a while first. 3 pins in a little over half a year will do that!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I've managed to pass on a couple of things this year based on not having any extra cash. I said at the outset I wouldn't go into debt for pins, and I've managed to stick to that so far. It also doesn't help that I haven't got the time to play what I've got these days, so no need to buy more. Of course, buying a new game would probably get me playing the old ones more...

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Chris Bardon said:
Of course, buying a new game would probably get me playing the old ones more...

This trickle down theory doesnt usually work for me. I just end up playing the new pin to death :)