• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Tournament Feb 25th at The Church!

Mike Hanley

Apr 9, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Tournament Saturday February 25th AT The Church of the Silver Ball!

Tournament time!

Did you know the Church ran tournaments for 9 years?

Well, a few people have inquired recently, so mark Feb 25th on the calendar.

Date Feb 25th. Doors open at 11, tournament starts at noon. Entry fee: $25.

Please pay via internet interact email transfer, visa, mc or amex to reserve your spot.

We have no idea how many will attend, pre-registering guarantees your spot. There may be spots available at the door. Inquiries to thechurchofthesilverball@hotmail.com

Prize fund: 50% of the gate returned to players: 1st place gets 75% of that, 2nd place gets 25%.

Ie, 10 entries, $125 prize fund, split second place gets $30 while 1st place gets $95

Or 20 entries, $250 prize fund, split: second place gets $60 while 1st place will get $190 and bragging rights.

Or 30 entries, $375 prize fund, split: second place gets $90 while 1st place will get $285.

(Some amounts rounded)

Format: same as before! Play qualifying on a selection of games. We will rank everyone. We will pair you up in a round-robin. Then match play best of three. Win two and move on. Loose two and you are out. You can stay to play but are out of the money.

Higher ranking player picks the first game, lower ranking player picks the playing order. Reverse roles for game two. Swap back again for game three, if required.

Best of 3 matches till we have our winner!

Its typically 4 hours start to finish.

We will sell pizza slices for $2 each. Pop and water provided.

www.thechurchofthesilverball.com

Mike and Doug

thechurchofthesilverball@hotmail.com

Reactions: kvoxx

Ricker

Nov 17, 2012
Vaughan, Ontario
Thanks Mike and Doug for having another wonderful pin tourney at the Church. It was great to see a few faces that I have not chatted with for a few years. Wayne, Karl, Adrian and Kim to name a few. Format for the tourney is lots of fun, no crazy pressure and everyone had lots of pin time. The mix of pins is awesome from the 50' or 60's until today, good mix. The collection of pins is very unique and I have to say that I never knew of a Pioneer pin with an electronic sound board but it worked out nicely. Even the Stern Split Second or Gottlieb Torch are different style pins but if you love targets, then they are for you. I for one am glad to see the tournament come back.

Reactions: kvoxx

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Went for the first time to this establishment for 'Faith" night last Friday........very enjoyable. Hope to see more things posted soon.