• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TOP THREE PINS on your Wantlist!

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
spiroagnew said:
quarter grabber said:
One's I can afford:

3) STTNG

Wait, what? ...are you the same guy that just sold a STTNG last week? Everyone has a different definition of "want", I guess.

LOL, yes just sold one. But it was a sacrifice to get the new Star Trek LE, I didn't want to let it go. I had a choice between selling STTNG, BDK, Tron or Xmen, so I chose to let STTNG go because there are 15,000 of them out there and it would be the easiest to find again. But I love that game.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
3 Wants (but are priced out of range in their bang for the buck ratio) ....

1. Scared Stiff
2. Cactus Canyon
ummm.... that's it.

Honorable mentions (if it falls in my lap)....

1. Centaur
2. Tron
3. Godzilla
4. Cheetah
5. Medieval Madness
6. Bobby Orr Power Play

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
tim.sanderson said:
I've thought about this a bit over the past few days, and still have not been able come up with a solid three.
I've only owned 2 pins, basically there are still no pins (SS or DMD) that I wouldn't love to have at home. However, a couple that pop into mind (in no particular order) are:

Batman Dark Knight
Fish Tales

I finally got to play a Gottlieb Street Fighter pin this weekend in Quebec. If I can find one for the same price as my R911 I might be tempted to buy it.

I can vouch for Batman Dark Knight. That is one machine that is NEVER leaving my home, fun as hell!

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Is there different versions of Batman? I played one last weekend and the guy was telling me it was a special edition of some sort yet I can find any mention of it online? He was trying to sell it for 5k which is out of my price range regardless of if it's super rare or not.

I'm updating my list too actually from just being Tspp haha. I'm now including tommy which seems more in my price range for the time being and I have a feeling the blinders would be an awesome drunk time when I have people over.

Sent from my Nexus 4

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
JPOP pin TOM obtained after 15 months of searching. Thank you Mike Wong!

Top 3 list now needs to be even a trickier 3 to locate to keep Mike on his toes.

1) Golden Arrow - EM
2) Stargazer - SS
3) TOTAN - DMD

The hunt begins with ears to the ground and in no particular order and in absolutely no time frame or rush.

This also means there will be 6 pins that need to leave the collection for space purposes. Thinking on that.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
brad808 said:
Is there different versions of Batman? I played one last weekend and the guy was telling me it was a special edition of some sort yet I can find any mention of it online? He was trying to sell it for 5k which is out of my price range regardless of if it's super rare or not.

I think Stern did a "Costco" version of Batman, available to big box stores, which had a few different mechanics and features than you'd see in the arcade version...still full sized, robust and comparable to the arcade model, just something "exclusive". Can anyone confirm this...heard it a while back, not sure if I'm fudging the details.

tim.sanderson

Yup they sure did. Here's a blurb I found on another forum:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=135939

Originally Posted by pudluther View Post
just out of curiosity, what are they selling for? if they're going for a home market, i'd think they were fairly inexpensive...like under $1000, maybe $1500 or so. if not, what's the point? buy an older DMD pin with that money and have the real thing.
They're $3299 ...this whole story has caused quite a stir on RGP. Here's what we know based on someone who went to Costco to play it.

The following features have been removed:
-Joker reveal mech (Joker's still there though...but just always visible)
-Bridge teeter-totter (replaced w/ return ramp)
-Upper mini-playfield/divertor (ramp shot always returns to left inlane now)
-Joker drop target
-Spotlights

Pictures:
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.co...ery/Costco-BDK

Man...what a bizarre thing for Stern to do. Collectors won't want it, and it's probably still too expensive for the average-joe making an impulse buy at Costco. ...and then you risk that average-joe finding out they bought a shitty cheapo version, not the real one...getting pissed, and returning it to Costco.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
brad808 said:

I'm updating my list too actually from just being Tspp haha. I'm now including tommy which seems more in my price range for the time being and I have a feeling the blinders would be an awesome drunk time when I have people over.

Sent from my Nexus 4

As far as I know there was the real Stern BDK then the stripped down Costco one, that's it. And $4,500 - $5,000 seems to be what the real Stern ones are selling for now. At least I've never seen it any cheaper anywhere that's for sure, and I looked hard.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I believe Stern only made two cost cutting "Costco" edition pins with Ironman and Dark Knight only. Here are two articles from pinballnews.com that talk about them and point out all the differences between these "Costco" aka "Standard" editions compared to the "Pro" which we all know.

The Dark Knight Lite

Ironman Lite

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
mwong168 said:
I believe Stern only made two cost cutting "Costco" edition pins with Ironman and Dark Knight only. Here are two articles from pinballnews.com that talk about them and point out all the differences between these "Costco" aka "Standard" editions compared to the "Pro" which we all know.

The Dark Knight Lite

Ironman Lite

Wow that's very detailed, thanks for that. The lite version does look like it would be disappointing after playing the full featured one.

If they sell in the 5k range and someone is looking for one then I can pass his email along. I bought a different game from him on the weekend and he was a good guy to deal with.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
It's funny going back and reading that after what's happened since then. These days, the Costco version of BDK would have been the $5k Pro, and the regular version would have been a 7k premium/LE.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
brad808 said:
I'm now including tommy which seems more in my price range for the time being and I have a feeling the blinders would be an awesome drunk time when I have people over.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I saw a "decent" Tommy on SB's used showroom floor earlier this week.
No idea on price, but more than you'd probably pay privately... plus HST. ANyway, just thought I'd mention it.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
brad808 said:
Wow that's very detailed, thanks for that. The lite version does look like it would be disappointing after playing the full featured one.

I spoke to someone who was just getting into the hobby in the past was considering an Ironman in Barrie and send me a PM asking me for a reference check to see if I knew the seller or the history of the machine such as past owners. I checked the kijiji ad and right away told him it was the Costco version and don't pay $4200 for it because that is what a full blown Pro version would have cost him at the time.

DRANO said:
I saw a "decent" Tommy on SB's used showroom floor earlier this week.
No idea on price, but more than you'd probably pay privately... plus HST. ANyway, just thought I'd mention it.

I saw the pics and did indeed look nice but I have seen the retail price they have asked for older games in the past and doubt Tommy will be cheap and HST will most definitely put you over without a doubt. The CV next to it even though appears to be nice with very little ghosting is $6500+HST=$7345. If this was pinside you could easily say $10k by xmas but we are in Canada :lol:

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Chris Bardon said:
It's funny going back and reading that after what's happened since then. These days, the Costco version of BDK would have been the $5k Pro, and the regular version would have been a 7k premium/LE.

Yep, that's exactly why Stern did this... It set the stage for the whole Pro/Premium/LE BS, and everyone bought into it. :FP:

D

Todd

Oct 25, 2016
Calgary
It is probably a well discussed topic, but one that, to my knowledge, has not been started on this site in its own thread.

Everyone is at different stages with their collection...some are near done, some are just starting out, some say they are done but are clearly not because they still keep buying! We all have a few machines on our radar that we would HAVE TO seriously consider buying if they became available, even at the expense of selling something else in the collection or spending a few weeks in the doghouse because we dipped into the family vacation savings account. Please list, discuss and/or justify the TOP THREE PINS on your radar that you don't currently own are MUST HAVES for your collection.

I could load up my list with a Medieval Madness and a Cactus Canyon, but realistically, I don’t think I’ll ever have the desire (nor nerve) to spend that much on one machine in the near future, so I will keep my top three list a little more realistic to my means. I guess it is nice to have pipe dreams, but I’m going to stick to machines within reach for "instant gratification".

I’m sure our local “enablers” will be watching this thread in order to turn these “Top Three Must Haves” into reality...so choose carefully...![/QUOTQuick silver . Mint condition . I'm looking to sell and accepting offers.