• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

To Infinity and Beyond - JJP Toy Story 4

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Well that's not what I expected....

There's not much to see yet, but basing the whole thing off Toy Story 4 just seems like a weird call. Probably a Disney mandate, but still a strange one. Then again, this is the same Disney that built an entire expansion land based off only the Star Wars sequels, so I suppose it tracks.

As for the pin, there really doesn't seem to be a lot going on there at first glance. It almost looks like a NGG remix with the disc, popup, and jump ramp, but from what I can see, there's nothing specific to shoot for with the jump. Looks like it goes back into the pops? There might be something back in the corner, but one of the best things about NGG was that hole in one shot, so hopefully there's something more there. Of course, modern games will make or break based on the code, so if that's solid, then this could be another winner. Hopefully it's a less chaotic game than GNR. The Dialed In rules are fantastic, so something else along those lines would be very welcome.

12k LE, which means almost $18k landed these days. Bet the CEs are already all spoken for by now. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to playing it and deciding what to do. Not ruling out getting one, but not preordering blind either.

Reactions: Cypher

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Thanks for posting that video Mike-game looks better having seen it in at least a little more motion. Also, there is a dedicated shot for the jump ramp. Looks significantly larger than the hole in one, and the posts might help tune the difficulty. Looking forward to playing one!

1655252868296.png

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
I was excited about this game when it was rumored to come out, but then I saw it. Huge letdown. The playfield is littered with a $12 pack of cake toppers. Literally, that's all JJP did was sprinkle those cake toppers around the playfield. Nothing really drawing me to this pin. The tablet in the corner looks out of place and doesn't really add to the game. They should have done small screen on the apron and for that pinball mode just use the large back box screen for that mode. This theme had a ton of potential and looks like JJP just mailed this in. Also the lack of SE is a head-scratcher, but even an SE would not entice me to purchase this pin. Normally JJP has great animations and even that department looks lacking in this pin. I would rate it the worse JJP in the animations department. I hope people that love Toy Story enjoy the pin and love it, it's just not for me. I don't even feel the need to put quarters in it.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Game looks fun, if there was an SE without iPad screen I would buy for U$8000.

$12,000, not interested but I hope I can find one to play some day.

Last edited:

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Just checked out Danger’s gameplay video.
The sounds are pretty awful, especially the spinner.
I kinda get what Pinside is saying in that the pin sounds a bit like a slot machine.
The overall gameplay did look pretty smooth & wide-open.

JJP’s new pricing model seems on the high side considering the lack of interesting mechs. Not being based on the more beloved TS 1-3 flicks is also a huge miss. I’m sure Disney had a lot to say on what IP could be utilized.
Man, in $CAD, this is one pricey toy...still looking forward to flipping one some day.

Resteth

Aug 13, 2020
Nelson, BC
Over priced, over glorified, corporate, rainbow puke, waste of buckets of paint tossed on a gawdy, gumball candy dispenser.
Should sell well just like the rest of the for flipping only NIB 'limited' production, ponzi scheme, unimaginative eyesores.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Over priced, over glorified, corporate, rainbow puke, waste of buckets of paint tossed on a gawdy, gumball candy dispenser.
Should sell well just like the rest of the for flipping only NIB 'limited' production, ponzi scheme, unimaginative eyesores.
You should try to stop sugar coating things and tell us how you really feel! :)

Agree with your statement BTW :)